Message+ groups no longer a participant
BuffaloJack
Enthusiast - Level 2

I wish to regain the capability of sending messages to two groups I created in Message Plus. I created at least three groups in Messages Plus. I can no longer send messages in two of them because the input box displays “You are no longer a participant of this conversation.”. Despite clearing the cache and shutting off the phone I am still blocked.

I noticed I was blocked after I installed Verizon Cloud and performed a backup.  My backup results are...

a) it appeared to backup both my Verizon and Google Contacts

b) none of the text messages were backed up

c) none of my calls were backed up

0 Likes
Re: Message+ groups no longer a participant
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

BuffaloJack, we always want to make sure that you're able to access your groups within Message+. Please tell us, when did this issue first start? What is the make and model of your device? Also, is your device software and Message+ application fully up to date?

LauraF_VZW

0 Likes
BuffaloJack
Enthusiast - Level 2

Motorola G5 Plus, Android 8.1.0, Message Plus 6.4.42

It started 9/19 or later, after I installed Verizon Cloud and performed a backup. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for that information, BuffaloJack. Have you tried uninstalling the Message+ application as well? What happens when you remove Verizon Cloud and reinstall Message+? 

LauraF_VZW

0 Likes
BuffaloJack
Enthusiast - Level 2

No I have not uninstalled either.  If i uninstall Message+ will I loose my group threads?  They don't appear in Messages, the first text app on this phone (Message+ is the second).  If the re-installation of Message+ restores the group threads then which app should I re-install first, Verizon Cloud or Message+?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Great question, BuffaloJack. Deleting and reinstalling the Message+ application may delete your texting threads if they don't already appear in your native texting app. To clarify, was the group initially created through Message+?

LauraF_VZW

0 Likes
BuffaloJack
Enthusiast - Level 2

The two groups I am having trouble with were created with Message+ and possibly the third that I don't have trouble with.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

BuffaloJack, you mentioned that you have a Moto G5 Plus. Was the phone purchased from Verizon Wireless or is it an unlocked device from another carrier? Is anyone in the text messaging groups able to add you to the group message? 

JacobG_VZW

0 Likes