Message+ for mac OSX freezing
Nicaya2
Enthusiast - Level 1

I updated to the latest Mac OSX on my desktop computer and my Message+ app has started freezing/crashing. Basically, I get the pinwheel of death anytime I try to do something. It will last maybe two seconds, I'll be able to type maybe 2 characters, and then the pinwheel starts again. Makes it impossible to use the app. I have tried force quitting and re-opening the app. I have tried Restarting the computer. I have tried checking my OSX is absolutely the latest update (I have High Sierra, 10.13.2). I have tried uninstalling and re-installing Message+ to double-check it is the latest version. Nothing has worked.

Note: this appears to have happened when I updated from the first High Sierra release to the most recent. Given the security fixes, I should not download and install the older version even if I could figure out how to do that.

Labels (1)
Re: Message+ for mac OSX freezing
tgagne
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just updated to Message+ 2.5.2 and the problem still hasn't disappeared.  It hangs so frequently the application is basically useless.  Unfortunate, too.  The ipad app isn't much better as typing the messages is so slow it's faster just to use my phone.  Which is too bad because it's so much smaller.

bldegle2
Contributor - Level 1

Read the posts here at the forums, the app is BROKEN.  No amount of uninstalling and reinstalling will fix the problem across PC platforms(IE Windows and Mac).

Verizon either doesn't care or they have no clue, your choice.

Have a nice day...

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

tgagne, 

I'm so sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with slowness on your Message+ app! We want this to work well for you, so you can enjoy the benefits of Message+! How long have you been having trouble with this app freezing? Do you have issues with other apps freezing also, or Just Message+? 

MichelleH_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We definitely care about each & every one of our customers, bldegle2. I regret that you feel otherwise. The Message+ Verizon Messages - Windows Desktop application is not compatible with Windows 10 computers. The Windows messaging client for Verizon messages is being temporarily removed to prevent syncing issues and customers should be directed to utilize the messaging web client as a windows alternative. The Message+ team is aware and working on a resolution.

We don't have any reports issues with Macs. When did this start to become a problem? Is your Mac computer software all up to date? What exact errors are you receiving?

You should be able to utilize the messaging web client as an alternative by following the steps in this link
https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-54302/

AliciaD_VZW

0 Likes
boss055
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've been using the Message+ app on my work mac for a few years, and probably about a year ago is when it became useless because it lags and freezes so much, will there ever be a fix??

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry you are having issues using the Messages + app on your Mac, boss055. Let's look into this. Have you deleted and redownloaded the app? Have you been able to access the app on another device? If so, what were the results?

JoeL_VZW

0 Likes
waal
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a new installation of mesage plus and it still keeps crashing.  Are you working on solutions to this?

0 Likes
rainson
Enthusiast - Level 1

It has been slow for a year or so on my Mac; now it is impossibly slow. Switching back to Apple Messages but not everyone can use that. Please repair Messages+

Thanks,

Ron

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for these details, Rainson. We do not want to slow you down when it comes to messages. However, did you receive a message about upgrading your Verizon Message + client application? We sent out a message that if you are using an older version of Verizon Message + , you will receive a hard stop asking to have a newer version installed. This was a suggested fix, and you could try it. Here's a link if you wish to upgrade Verizon Message + client application on your Mac computer https://apps.apple.com/us/app/message/id885557198?mt=12 . Does this help? 

EdwinW_VZW

0 Likes