Message+ cannot run without additional permissions
syager1

Since 1/8/19, I've been unable to open the Message+ app on my HTC M9 One phone.  I get a message that says "Message+ cannot run without additional permissions".  I've granted all permissions and then get an error message that says "Message+ requires additional permissions to run. Please enable these permissions from the Settings screen."  When I go there, I don't know what to do.  Please help!!  Thank you!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Message+ cannot run without additional permissions
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We know how important it is to have access to your messages. Were any changes made to your phone around the time this first start happening? Have you attempted to uninstall and reinstall your Message+ app?

EllisandraC_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
syager1

The Message+ app is now working.  I suspect an update was pushed down to my cell phone, which corrected the problem.  For the days that text messaging wasn't working, it was very frustrating.  It took quite some time to respond to all of the backlog of text messages.  Verizon should ensure that any app updates are fully tested before they update people's phones with bug-laden app updates.  Thank you.

0 Likes
juand_vzw
Verizon Employee

syager1,

Thank you for the details and I'm happy to hear everything is working with your Messages+ app. We never want one of your apps to frustrate you and I know your time is valuable. I'll definitely pass your feedback along to our management team. If you have any additional questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out to us here. Thank you for choosing Verizon Wireless and have a great rest of your day!

JuanD_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Mattiel2
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same problems

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Mattiel2, we're sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues with the Message+ app. Making sure you're able to access this application is essential, and we'd love to help. Is your Message+ application up to date? Have you tried deleting and reinstalling the application?

LauraF_VZW

0 Likes
DJACOB62
Enthusiast - Level 1

How do you uninstall a Verizon app?

These are factory installed and unable to uninstall. 

This started happening today on my wife's phone (LG G4).

When the error message appears, she can hit the back button and access her txt messages.  If you hit OK on error message it takes you to settings but all permissions are turned on.

The message+ app is up to date.

rachmana

I started experiencing the same error after the Verizon tech had me reset my Network settings on my Google Pixel.  If I have to uninstall it, I must be able to keep or archive my messages.  I do not want to lose my history of text messgaes.  please help.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Saving your messages is important. If you reinstall the application, it will restore three months of messages.

CraigS_VZW

0 Likes