Re: Message+ app using all of my data!
kathy65793
Master - Level 1

When you go into your data usage on your phone what does it say in there that is using up your data?

0 Likes
BUGSKM17

Messenger+ is extremely high

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

BUGSKM17, we certainly want to make sure that we get to the bottom of what is happening with your data. Do you have restrict background data turned on?

NicoleT_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Vroomer85
Enthusiast - Level 3

Restricting background data will not solve the issue. I was experiencing this issue back in January-February, and already posted screenshots of my data usage from that billing cycle and previous billing cycles to show that there was a massive increase in data usage until I disabled the app. I'll post the same image here.Data Usage.jpg

As you can see, I have the option to allow background data usage disabled, but the majority of the data usage is listed as "foreground" in the Jan 11-Feb 10 billing cycle.

BUGSKM17, there are two options that I know of that can fix this issue.

1) Disable the Verizon Message+ app and use the default messaging app

2) Clear the cache and data for the Verizon Message+ app in the Application Manager (I've posted detailed instructions on how to do this recently, so if you start searching back a few pages in this discussion you should find it)

If you want to help Verizon troubleshoot this problem, then I suggest disabling the Message+ App to stop it from using all your data, and bringing your phone in to a Verizon store. Trying to solve the issue via these forums will likely result in the app just continuing to use your data while you wait. The original post was made over 2 months ago and they still don't know what is directly causing the increased data usage.

krzykrl96
Enthusiast - Level 2

I also have been having this problem on my note 5 as of mid january. i called verizon and they were no help saying they could not see what data my individual apps used. luckily i have not gone over but will be trying vroomer85 suggested

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

krzykrl96, It's important that your data usage makes sense. What did you find with what vroomer85 suggested? How much data are you using? How long has this been going on?

JoelR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
KKFENNELL5
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have had this exact same thing happen over the last two months we thought it was our data from work until I added a data blocker that showed it was Verizon message plus app that was using all the data. I barley text anyone and it used 4.9gb last month. I want my money back we even switched to a larger plan that just went over again until we just figured out what the issue was. I deleted the app from my phone and want a refund for all the extra data I can prove the app used.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Kkfennell5, 

We always want your charges to be accurate and our device applications working properly. Sorry to hear that this is not occurring and I can certainly understand your concerns. Thanks for your hard work in an effort to resolve your issue and we are more than happy to review any charges related to this issue. I have sent you a direct message, please respond to this message. 

Thanks,

PamelaF_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

KKFENNELL5,

We can relate to how important accuracy in billing is. Let's take a closer look at the big picture and also how your data was used. What results are shown when you use the Data Utilization Tool?

Just in case: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/tools-for-monitoring-usage/#datau

KatiM_VZW

0 Likes
KKFENNELL5
Enthusiast - Level 1

I spoke with customer service yesterday and they are monitoring the account

now that we have removed the application from the phone.

On Wed, 4 Apr 2018, 9:57 AM vzw_customer_support, <