Re: Message+ app using all of my data!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

RELL8891,

No, at this time we have no known issues with the Message+ application in relation to data usage. As an alternative, you would be able to use the default messaging application installed on the device or another 3rd party messaging application.

AdamG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
thetrollie
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is also happening to me. Completely insane that this would  happen and that Verizon still doesnt recognize the issue or take accountability. Message I sent to support:

Hello, I've been using Verizon Messages for a number of years now. Recently, I've found that the app has been guzzling data and severely effecting my bill. Between December 21, 2017 and January 20, 2018, the app used 7.99Gb of data. Between Jan 21, 2018 and today, February 11, 2018, the app has used 13.42GB of data. This are pretty fantastically and absurdly high usage numbers for one app. Previously, the app has never had this problem. In the billing cycle lasting Oct 21, 2017 to Nov 20, 2017, the app only used 0.07Gb. For Nov 21, 2017 to Dec 20, 2017, the app used only 0.82Gb. My usage of the app has not changed in this time. The sudden difference in data usage for a Verizon app that is integral to basic text messaging is completely ridiculous. I was trying to look at my update history to see if maybe there was an app update some time in January that could explain this difference but could not find a way to access this information. Please advise.

Vroomer85
Enthusiast - Level 3

We're trying to tell you that there IS an issue with the Verizon Messages app in relation to data usage. I think most of us have already stopped using the app and reverted back to the default messenger or a 3rd party option, but that doesn't FIX the issue with the app. You should be looking for commonalities between those of us who have had this issue instead of pretending that it doesn't exist.

I would ask the customers who have had this issue the following questions:

When did you first notice the increased data usage?

What kind of phone do you have?
Do you have any other devices that are linked with the Verizon Messages app?

Do you have a smart watch or any other wearable that might communicated with Verizon Messages?

I first noticed the increase data usage in January 2018.

I have a Samsung Galaxy S7 (SM-G930V).

I don't have any other devices linked to Verizon Messages, but I have tried (unsuccessfully to link a tablet).

I have a Samsung Gear S2 Smart watch.

Those are all the things I could think of that somehow might be linked to the sudden massive increase in data that the app has been using, but it could very well be something else that I haven't thought of.

RELL8891
Enthusiast - Level 3

They've been less than helpful and unwilling to take responsibility for this problem, as you can clearly see from the messages here. For a phone company that charges so much for their service you'd think they would get their act together before they start losing more customers to other companies that offer the same service for less money.

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

thetrollie, 

I completely agree that your usage is abnormally high for this message application. There is something causing this issue. We are determined to get to the bottom of this. We appreciate you bring this to our attention and all the users that have reported this issue as a bug. I have lifted this up to our engineers to determine a root cause. Once I have a resolution, I will post to this forum or contact you directly by Private Message if additional details are needed. 

JenelleR_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

thetrollie, 

I’ve sent you a private message here in the forum. Please check your inbox at https://community.verizonwireless.com/inbox to discuss further details about your concern.

JenelleR_VZW

0 Likes
CALENG20
Enthusiast - Level 2

Exact same issue here. Annoying as hell. (Following in hopes of solution)

0 Likes
CALENG20
Enthusiast - Level 2

January 2018

LG K8 V

Nothing linked to the device

No other accessories Owned/worn

message+ data Nov 22-December 22=.02gb (about average up to that point)

message+ data December 23-Jan 22= 1.74gb (really starting Jan 10)

message+ data Jan 23-present= 1.7gb

RELL8891
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm curious when I will get a private message concerning this issue....seeing as I'm the one who started this thread!

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Getting a private message from one of the VZW reps isn't a guarantee that your issue will be resolved in a satisfactory manner 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes