Re: Message+ app using all of my data!
RELL8891
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am not taking the chance of enabling this app again. It is currently disabled and the only way to get into the app is to make it my default messaging app. I don't want to lose anymore text messages than I already have by converting to the message app that came with the phone. I pay alot of money as it is for my plan and now I've lost data because of this problem. 

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

There are third party applications in the Play Store for backing up the text messages. You could try using one to keep the backup of messages between the text message applications and between the phones.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Vroomer85
Enthusiast - Level 3

I was able to re-active the app just to send the bug report. I don't think I had to make it my default messaging app just to send the report. I was able to open it, send the report, and then immediately disable it again without losing any messages. I also waited until I was connected to my home WiFi so it wouldn't try to use mobile data again.

Vroomer85
Enthusiast - Level 3

I submitted a bug report, but that doesn't give me any data back or a refund for people who had to purchase more data because of this issue. Is reimbursing it's customers for their loss of data/money part of Verizon's path to fix this issue? Or possibly some kind of warning to it's customers that this issue exists and they should check their data usage? Based on the sudden spike in my own data usage, it looks like the issue started around January 15th and was able to use over 4GB within 2 weeks before I disabled the app to stop it, but I wouldn't have even noticed the spike if I didn't regularly check it on a weekly basis.

kathy65793
Master - Level 1

I never did like messages+. Did you notice a change in your battery? When I first used this app I noticed that it used a lot of my battery up. I think with all the bloat that they put in that app that is what is using the data up. It was like a billboard for Verizon when ever I opened it. Verizon seems to be having a lot of problems with several apps lately. I hope that they can get a fix for some of them.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@Vroomer85 We definitely would like to take a closer look at your recent data usage ourselves. We'll get to the bottom of this. Please respond to our private message, so we can continue our conversation.

JoelD_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
RELL8891
Enthusiast - Level 3

Ok thanks for the info!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Rell8891, I can understand your reluctance to switching back to the default messaging app. Please understand that this will not erase any of your text messages. You can click on the app now and see your current messages with out switching. You should also save your information to our Verizon Cloud, which will protect and save your messages. Follow the link for more information: http://vz.to/2EqQ26U

RalphT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

There are also several sms backup applications in the Play Store that will backup all the text messages not just the 90 days Verizon Messages does.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
RELL8891
Enthusiast - Level 3

I followed your instructions and there isn't an option in the menu to report a bug. Aside from that, will Verizon be replacing the data this app has used in the few days I had it enabled this billing cycle?