Re: Message+ app does not show member name to group.
Misskalic
Enthusiast - Level 1

In the group if the members reply #NAME and then a space and their name, it will change it in that group message and show up for all the members of the group. I.E. #NAME Kali

The only issue I have is that I created the group and it won't let me change my name that way. I can see everyone's contact info as I have it saved, but they can only see my #. I have done the # but it won't work for me. So everyone just has to know the one person without a name is me. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for that contribution, Misskalic! I am glad to see that you have found a fix to the issue. I see that you had the issue of not being able to change your name in the group chat. Do you mean that you can't change how your name is displayed on your phone for the group chat or how others see your name on their phone? What is currently appears for you? Is it your name or phone number?

MarshallP_VZW

0 Likes
ScoobySnakr
Enthusiast - Level 1

I created a group in Message+ and am having the same issue, even with those on Verizon.

If Messages+ can show names for a normal MMS text with multiple receipients why cant it do so when you create a group?

jav6
Champion - Level 3

@ScoobySnakr wrote:

I created a group in Message+ and am having the same issue, even with those on Verizon.

If Messages+ can show names for a normal MMS text with multiple receipients why cant it do so when you create a group?

Message+ on what make/model device are you talking about?  Different make/model devices have their own version of Message+.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
dddeluca1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I agree, this should work just like a normal Group MMS, Everyone sees names there, but when you create an Enhanced Group the names are not visible for most.  

I created a group, and I can see all the names, but I have yet to find a group member who sees all the names, instead they see phone numbers.  What a pain to make every participant send a text #NAME <their name>

Please fix this!

sullysdream
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just encountered the same problem.  I created a group and no one can see the names.  I see them fine because I created the group.  Most have Verizon.  We have a combination of iPhones and Android phones.  This doesn't make any sense as we all have each other's numbers in our contact lists.  

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

KerryC_VZW Hello, we are here to help in any way we can. Please send us a Private Note to continue.

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@vzw_customer_support wrote:

KerryC_VZW Hello, we are here to help in any way we can. Please send us a Private Note to continue.

@vzw_customer_support , @kerryc_vzw  Since this is a Public Community Forum, I would expect that any issue resolved via Private Messaging would have the resolution (public info only) shared on this forum for public view.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
Mphiver
Enthusiast - Level 1

Just read this thread as I have the same issue. I created the group on an Android phone using message+, I have all members of the group in my contacts as do all of them. Some (most) of the members are iPhone users. I see all of their names on my device, as they are in my contacts, as expected; they only see phone numbers. Each of the iPhone users have successfully used the #NAME trick. However, they only see my posts as my phone number. This seems to be an Android vs iOS issue. Irritating and frustrating.

0 Likes
Jeanne10

This is ridiculous.  I just read this chain identifying a problem that started at least last year and remains unresolved.   Obviously, I have the same problem.  Additionally, recipients get my phone number as some number unknown to me... a 588 area code whereas my area code is 717.  Come on Verizon!!!!

0 Likes