Re: Message+ Windows PC app Broken
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We always want you to have your apps functioning as expected. At this time, the only way to report this issue with the Windows App is as indicated below:

1. Open the Message+ app.
  2. Click Menu > Settings > Account.
  3. Report a bug.

Alternatively, you can submit the feedback by visiting one of the following Apps and selecting the option to email the developer:

• App page on the Play Store for Android devices 
  • App Store for iOS devices 

BrittanyC_VZW

0 Likes
letti001
Contributor - Level 1

I just posted elesewhere and came across this thread.

My Desktop App with NOT reveive texts but WILL send.

I have five devices (work desptop, home desktop, laptop, 2 tablets) and teh same issue spontaneously happend on all devices. It started yesterday morning as teh last text received was around 6am Arizona time.

SInce yesterday there are no messages received, but I can send just fine.

Right now, I am sitting with my phone in one hand and reading the messages and then typing the response in my computer. The messages sent by my computer are seen on my phone. The recipient receives the message. Messages from my desktop show up on my phone too. Messages sent by my phone do NOT show up on the desktop.

0 Likes
Tinker1454
Enthusiast - Level 1

I reinstalled the pc app and still can't get messages.  This just started for me about a week ago.  It's been working fine until now but I'm having the same kind of problem they report back in Feb '19.  (It's Aug '19 now)

harryverdici
Enthusiast - Level 3

all sorts of discussion on this problem but no solution,Have problem on PC (8.1) and laptop (win 10). phone works great. I can send from computers but can't receive.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Are all app versions the same across your different devices? It must be the same to properly work. EricW_VZW

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

How about clarifying just what versions should be 'the same' on all the devices?  Mine are all set for auto update and current as far as I know. NONE are the same or even close on different devices.

Droid Turbo 2: v6.8.8

iPad: v3.2.1

Win10 Desktop app: v2.0.2.0

Are you guys just throwing ideas at the wall to see if they stick?  How about not even commenting if you haven't looked at the symptom yourself.  Where is the Verizon Messaging Group?  Can't someone escalate this to get some real constructive help?

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
jav6
Champion - Level 3

My Win10 desktop running v2.0.2.0 and my Win10 laptop running v1.0.17.0 both send/receive text messages fine, from each other and from my Droid Turbo 2 (just updated to v6.9.0).  It doesn't appear that the same version of desktop Message+ app needs to be running on Windows to work. The issues have been getting the messages sync'ed from the server doing the sync'ing to the integraged messaging connected desktop devices.  The sync'ing is not consistent for users for unknown different scenarios or reasons.

jav6
Champion - Level 3

Ok.  Let's try this to get some movement on getting this issue resolved.  Everybody experiencing this issue:

1. Call Customer Care: 800-922-0204

2. Ask for Tech Support

3. Ask them to open case/ticket for "Integrated Messaging Message+ sync issues on desktop app"

If enough of us call in and open cases/tickets maybe we'll hear something that is being done or at least identified as a 'known issue'.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Okay thank you for the information Tinker1454.

Please make sure the text app up is up to date. Are having issues with the just the Messages+ app syncing? Can you use a different app the will work? 

JenniferL_VZW

0 Likes
David_Ra
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same issue -- desktop version will send but won't receive. Running Windows 10 Enterprise on my PC. Tried removing and reinstalling the app on my PC. Have a Samsung Galaxy 10+ phone with Message + Version 6.9.0. The app worked fine for years until about a week ago. make/model mobile device are using? What Version of the Verizon Messages application are you using on your mobile device?

0 Likes