Re: Message+ Windows PC app Broken
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

waywardfarm,

It is our desire for you to be able to send and receive messages on your most preferred device. It is encouraging that you are able to send from the computer, but we want you to have the full experience. Are replies delivered successfully to your smartphone or other mobile devices? Are you using a Mac or a PC?

ColinH_VZW

0 Likes
EHHarvey
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am experencing same issues. Claerly Verizon has yet to fix the problem, and from reading the posts apparently has gotten the problem passed to someone who understands what is going on.

jav6
Champion - Level 3

@vzw_customer_support  Can someone escalate this thread and the other one related, to Technical Support for investigation?  Actually, this is the third active thread regarding this issue!

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
jav6
Champion - Level 3

Maybe we all need to send emails to verizonmessages at verizonwireless.com to report this issue and get someones attention. I've sent them emails on other bug issues and got this included in the response:

"When submitting a bug report, please describe the problem, including the steps to reproduce it. If possible, send us a screenshot showing related error messages or demonstrating your problem. Please include the following information (for each impacted device) in your e-mail:
Device Manufacturer
Model Number (Home Screen > Device Settings > About)
Build/Firmware Number (Home Screen > Device Settings > About)
Version of Verizon Messages (Menu > More > About)

Thanks for using Verizon Messages!

The Verizon Messages Team"

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
lauriecorrin
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have reinstalled the app numerous times when it gets messed up but it stopped working a few days ago and reinstalling didn't help. I can send messages from either Windows (PC) or Android (phone), but they do not echo to the other device, and messages are only received on the phone.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Little by little we’ll see this through. Before moving forward, let’s confirm a few items. Do the messages reflect on all the devices when using the text from the web option here?

https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-94861/

DavidH_VZW

0 Likes
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes, I was able to send a message to myself using the method above. Didn't show up on the PC app.

S_Kinison
Enthusiast - Level 1

This form copy/paste reply by DavidH_VZW is why none of us feel like anyone is paying attention at all to issues like this.

No one. At. All.

The link he gave, https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-94861/, is outdated.  It says to follow another link, encoded to the clickable words " My Verizon", and follow the instructions on sending a message thru the Verizon website to see if even those messages can make it through to the PC app.

The FIRST instruction at that next page is, "From the Home page, navigate: Account > Text Online"

The word "Account" doesn't even appear on that page.  Anywhere.  And, just to be thurough, neither does "Text" or "Text Online."

This is our collective issue: The Windows 10 Message+ PC app, while limited and pretty user unfriendly, did work for text messaging up until, roughly, July 18th.  Without making any changes to our PC or Verizon services it seems to have stopped working for a LOT of us all at once, all at the same time.

Telling us to "uninstall and reinstall" the app is just wasting our time.  Several of us have already said it made no difference, even doing it several times.

Is anyone who works for Verizon actually reading any of the messages or is all bot controlled by buzz words?? 

Asking for a friend.

Haleakala3156

i have a proplem with my massage always come on saying that my massage has stop what should I do about this problem

@JR5353 wrote:

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the Message+ Windows app about 30 times over the last month waiting **bleep** either.  I don't get the feeling that anyone at Verizon is working on this problem, or the numerous other similar and possibly related problems with Integrated Messaging.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

S_Kinison, 

We can certainly understand your frustration with the Verizon Messages plus application no longer working on your PC. In order to help fix this issue, we would need to gather a little more information. What OS Version are you running on your computer? Just to confirm, your Verizon Messages PC Application has not showed any new messages since July 28, 2019, or are some messages not appearing? What make/model mobile device are using? What Version of the Verizon Messages application are you using on your mobile device?

Thanks,

PamelaF_VZW

0 Likes