Message+ Windows PC app Broken
JR5353
Enthusiast - Level 3

On my personal home PC, the Windows PC app stopped working about 3 weeks ago.  VZ Support's last effort is to contact Microsoft of my Internet provider.  Problem:  All worked fine across PC, iPhone and Android tablet until PC app (not web based text) stopped working.  Can send a text from PC, but cannot receive any.  Iphone and tablet still work fine.  Have accessed internet via VZ hotspot on iPhone so internet is not the problem.  Have uninstalled Windows/MS updates back to Dec 2018 and that hasn't helped.  Have a trouble ticket open [removed] since 2/11, but VZ tech support seems to be at a loss also.  Any wizards out there have a fix or suggestion for this?  Have disabled Norton also, reset router, uninstalled from all devises and started from scratch, nothing works...

Content modified as required by @verizon_wireless_terms

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Message+ Windows PC app Broken
JR5353
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the Message+ Windows app about 30 times over the last month waiting **bleep** either.  I don't get the feeling that anyone at Verizon is working on this problem, or the numerous other similar and possibly related problems with Integrated Messaging.

View solution in original post

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for your patience and completing the changes on your computer. One other troubleshooting step that we can attempt while we wait for the ticket is to remove and reinstall the Messages+ Application. The steps to reinstall are here below, http://spr.ly/6606EVMBO

GeorginaG_VZW

0 Likes
boringusername
Master - Level 1

Considering Verizon hasn't updated it in 2 years no wonder it has issues. I think they gave up on it.

JR5353
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the Message+ Windows app about 30 times over the last month waiting **bleep** either.  I don't get the feeling that anyone at Verizon is working on this problem, or the numerous other similar and possibly related problems with Integrated Messaging.

JR5353
Enthusiast - Level 3

Why the **bleep**??????????????????  All it said was that it did not help and even reinstalling on all devises didn't work either.  THIS IS NOT FIXED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

timblaktu
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just reported another instance of I think the same problem here.

I have not yet tried to reinstall the app using the instructions linked to here. I will do so and report back.

0 Likes
timblaktu
Enthusiast - Level 2

After signing up for Cloud, syncing my contacts to Cloud successfully from my Note 9, and reinstalling Verizon Messages app on Windows 10, I still see numbers only and no names in the app. Please advise.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

As someone who also uses the Verizon Cloud with a large number of contacts, I completely understand how important being able to see the contact names can be.  We realize that your numbers have synced, but have you tried importing your contacts.  Here are the steps:

http://spr.ly/6606EepEE

Here is more general information regarding the Verizon Cloud:

http://spr.ly/6608EepEG

There are times where the information will take some time to fully appear when syncing.  Have the contact names appeared yet?

SeanC_VZW

0 Likes
timblaktu
Enthusiast - Level 2

It appears you did not read my linked post. I do not need to import contacts in Verizon Cloud because they synced perfectly from my Verizon Note 9 to the Cloud (via the Cloud app on the Note 9). I can see all of my contacts in the Verizon Cloud Contacts page on verizonwireless.com.

As I stated the problem is with the Windows Verizon Messages application, which does not appear able to sync with the Cloud to receive my Contacts. (and yes, the problem persists even now, several days past the time when I initially synced my contacts to Verizon Cloud and then uninstalled and reinstalled Verizon Messages app on Windows.)

Please, in your next response, dear VZW customer service person, acknowledge that you understand what the problem is. (Read the last paragraph again.)

I and many others on these forums would like either some resolution to this problem, or acknowledgement that it will not be fixed. At least then we can stop wasting our time unnecessarily.

waywardfarm
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have same problem please verizon help...I have uninstalled an reinstalled, it will say syncing. but then I can send from computer but not receive messages..so this hasn't fixed the problem. was working great until about 3-4 days ago.