Re: Message+ Update
Tjay43
Enthusiast - Level 1

Support,

For me, I just noticed the issue yesterday when my wife wasn't replying back to any of my texts. I've tried reinstalling the app updates and restarting the phone multiple times...doesn't do any good. I cannot text my wife. We both have a Galaxy S7 Edge, the only difference is that she uses the Samsung messaging app that came with the phone and I'm using the Verizon app.  She has no problems texting me, but I can't text back. 

The only way I'm able to get this working again is to uninstall all updates for the app and go back to the factory settings...at that point, I can text again with no issues.  This is frustrating and annoying.

0 Likes
TEAMANDERSON113
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am using a Samsung Galaxy s7. I have restarted my phone numerous times

since updating. I have disabled message plus, restarted, then enabled

message plus. I has reverted to pre update status. I have also turned off

automatic updates. I really do like message plus but can't/won't allow it

to update to the most current version until bugs are fixed. I did stop

using message plus for about a day and used the other messaging app that

was stock on my phone.

I hope this helps get the issue resolved for all customers.

Cheers

Steve

Neither a wise man nor a brave man lies down on the tracks of history to

wait for the train of the future to run over him.

Dwight D. Eisenhower

On Feb 4, 2017 11:04 AM, "vzw_customer_support" <forums@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes
PySees
Enthusiast - Level 3

Have your wife open the message+app. Click on the three horizontal bars at the top to open the menu. Go to "settings". Scroll down to the bottom to "delete account". This will delete her message+ account. It will NOT delete the text messages from either device. It will disengage the "chat" feature so your texts will go to her as SMS messages she can receive on the Samsung app. It works. My son and I had the exact same issue. Obviously uninstalling the update will fix the problem too but doing it this way allows you to keep the new features while still communicating with your wife.

0 Likes
Carte
Enthusiast - Level 3

Anyone who wants to see how huge of a problem this is, just go to the Google Play store and see all the recent 1 star reviews for this app. But of course Verizon customer service wants to ignore this and act like it's an isolated issue only with the few people in this forum. Total disconnect from what is going on, once again.

jgraybill
Enthusiast - Level 2

This is a huge issue for many people. My husband and I had updates forced through at the same time (we were sitting in bed when it happened) and we have different phone models- we loved messages+ before the upgrades but it kept resetting all my customizations and his single texts were coming in as group chat. I made the huge error of trying to switch back to my stock app and completely stopped receiving texts from ANYONE. I panicked and tried to switch back to messages+ and still cannot get messages from anyone also using it. I can no longer uninstall the app, just uninstall the updates and disable it- I did this and opted out of integrated messaging, and now even with the updated version cannot text anyone from there because it asks me sign back up, and thinks for a very long time before completely shutting down. I'm now forced to use the stock app and still cannot get messages from anyone using messages+ which is a fair amount of people for me. This is completely unacceptable as texting is half the reason why I pay for service.

0 Likes
NICKPRO72

Yes this is a huge issue. I use Message+ and my husband uses Samsung Messages. Because he has Message+ on his phone, even though he doesn't have it as his default messaging app, whenever we are both on WiFi it FORCES me to send anything to him as "chat" instead of just a text message. We should be allowed to change this feature. When will this be fixed? I will stop using Message+ if not updated soon.

0 Likes
dtheresa
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm having the same problem my mom's was coming up as chat and now it's not but I texted my friend to see and there it is again "chat" making me only being able to text her while I'm on the Internet this needs to be fixed fast

0 Likes
Carte
Enthusiast - Level 3

If it's anything like the 5 month Moto Z defect (with notifications) that was finally fixed, I don't like the looks of the timing of this thing being fixed. In both cases Verizon does not seem to know what is going on.

0 Likes
JORFRE18
Enthusiast - Level 1

SOLUTION - Most recent Verizon messaging app update is a known issue.

Android Galaxy

1) Go to Application Manager

2) Go to Messaging+ app

3) upper right says More (may just be able to skip to #4 if you see it)

4) Uninstall Updates

You won't lose your message history but it will start working again.

Hope someone got fired for not regression testing the new app before sending to users.

Cluo

How do you fix a Google Pixel phone?

0 Likes