Message+ Syncing Messages-Temporary Background Processing Notification
ajk13
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am getting a notification that Message+ is Syncing Messages - Temporary Background Processing. What does it mean and how do I get it to stop?

Labels (1)
Re: Message+ Syncing Messages-Temporary Background Processing Notification
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ajk13,

Seeing this type of message on your phone is definitely concerning and we can understand wanting to find out why this is happening. When did this first begin? Do you notice any patterns happening around when it appears on your screen? Has there been any new changes to your device? 

CandiceH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

ajk13
Enthusiast - Level 1

It probably started about two/three weeks ago. I had not done any updates

or made any changes to my device. Yesterday I updated all my apps in hopes

that would fix it but it did not. I am on Android 8.1.0. There is also not

a pattern as to when it appears that I have noticed.

On Fri, Feb 2, 2018 at 9:20 AM, vzw_customer_support <

hacksoncode
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just got a brand new Pixel 2 XL, and it has had the same issue from the time that I installed the app.

It's really annoying, because the notification takes up space, can't be dismissed, and I don't really want to disable notifications completely for this app whose entire *point* is to notify you you got a message.

Tidbits
Legend

Open Settings > Apps & notifications > App info

Open settings (three dots); Select "Show system"

Select "Android System"

Select "App notifications"

Select "Apps running in background"

Select "Importance"; Select "Low"

hacksoncode
Enthusiast - Level 2

Not seeing "apps running in background" there... And if I did, that sounds like it covers a lot of territory... What else would I be losing?

Tidbits
Legend

Any app that runs in the background would not show this so you will not know what's running in the background.

I am guessing you upgraded to 8.1 and I believe they changed it slightly from above.  I believe you can search for background and it should show you the setting options in the settings search

0 Likes
hacksoncode
Enthusiast - Level 2

That sounds unappealing... But luckily I can't find it by searching settings.

Tidbits
Legend

hacksoncode wrote:

That sounds unappealing... But luckily I can't find it by searching settings.

Android 8.1 feature spotlight: You can hide the 'running in the background' notification without a t...

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ajk13, we truly understand the importance of making sure unwanted pop ups stop occurring on your device. Allow us to further investigate the details. Can you please let us know if you currently have Verizon messages + synced to multiple device? Also, have you tried to reset the application? If not, please follow this link http://vz.to/2BC0BTR for steps to do so. Please share your results.

SylviaT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes