Message+ Sync has stopped on all devices as of 7-Oct
ROBMER65

Something strange has happened on 7-Oct (not even Halloween). Up until that date, all my text messaging was syncing across phones, tablets, and PC's. Now all sync has stopped. Removing and reinstalling the various PC and Android apps has no impact. I have not seen that anyone else is having issues like mine, but any feedback would be appreciated. Since it appears that Verizon no longer has a real customer support, either web or phone, to handle these types of issues, the Community appears to be the only method of getting help.

thanks,

Bob

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Message+ Sync has stopped on all devices as of 7-Oct
Tom_NY
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have a disability and I can't interact independently with a cell phone. But I can interact independently with my PC thanks to some assistive technology I have. I have been using message + on my PC – downloaded from Verizon – to get texts forwarded to my PC. This has worked great for a couple of years. But starting a couple of weeks ago not all the messages were being forwarded to my PC. Now, for at least 24 hours I am not getting any messages at all forwarded from my cell to my PC. I NEED message + to receive texts on my PC or I simply cannot text. And I have gotten used to communicating that way.

I hope someone can help.

I was considering uninstalling message and reinstalling it but that did not work for the OP here.

Thank you,

Tom

INTELLIGATOR

Outbound messages seem to work.  Inbound, the messages are not showing.  I use the web app and have been for some time now, to access and send messages from the desktop and from my android phone that is not the same number as my Verizon phone.   I am not getting inbound messages since the 13th.

Is Verizon Messages a supported service ??????

0 Likes
STELER9
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same for me starting Oct 16.  I can send messages from my AT&T iPhone and my Mac but can only receive on my Samsung VZW phone.  Since I am traveling and my VZW phone is not with me, I cannot receive texts.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I rely heavily on my messages to stay connected robmer65 so I understand the importance of making sure it is working properly. Let's see what we need to do get this resolved. What is happening when you are trying to sync your messages across the devices? Is the software on your phone and your messages + app up to date?

RashadM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Tom_NY,

We totally get that Message+ is that way that you need to keep in contact with your friends and family, so we want nothing more than for the online tool to work for you. Let's figure out what's going on. Are you able to send messages from the PC? What happens if you log into Message+ on our website using this link http://vz.to/2eL1zSk ? Do the received messages appear there?

ShawnteJ_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
STELER9
Enthusiast - Level 2

For me, I am at the latest version of Message+ on my iPhone iOS 10.0.2 and Mac with Sierra.  I also tried the browser version.  In all of these, I can send texts out but cannot receive any.  They are all in sync with each other.  Started some time late 10/15/16 or early 10/16/16.  Thank you.

0 Likes
GARGY
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have 3 phone numbers in my Verizon household and Message + for all three numbers only will send out but not receive any messages that all the phones receive with no problem. I went to the link you gave for the website messages and my messages ARE NOT there either. None of my PCs, or tablets are receiving messages. Is there something you have to reset on your end? Earlier in the month I would only receive an occasional integrated message on the pc or tablets but as of last Thursday, I am receiving none. Please help. Thanks.

0 Likes
Ahllaw
Enthusiast - Level 3

Same problem. My main phone is an android and I am using message plus on an iPad. About a week ago I noticed incoming messages were only appearing sporadically on the iPad. This past weekend they stopped appearing on the iPad altogether. I have deleted and reinstalled the apps on both the android and the iPad several times as well as re registering the iPad. The incoming messages are also not appearing on the Verizon website. This is obviously a Verizon problem, but the question is will Verizon own up to it?

0 Likes
wganley

I have an iPhone 6, Mac, and work laptop (windows) and I use message+ on all three devices.  On Friday October 14 the message+ app stopped receiving messages on all 3 devices.  I have reinstalled the app on all 3 devices with no luck.  I cannot see the incoming messages on the Verizon website either.  Is Verizon looking into this issue?  Are there any actions I can take on my side?  Any help would be appreciated.

0 Likes