Message+ Split Screen [disable]
CodaMan
Enthusiast - Level 1

I installed the latest version of message+ on my Galaxy Tab A with Android 7.1, but Message+ almost always starts in split screen mode (conversations on left and recent contacts on right).  When I open Message+ I can see that it tries to open in landscape and then quickly switches to portrait, but the interface stays in split screen.

Is there a way to disable this function in Message+?  I tried reinstalling the app and turning off "auto-rotate" on my device, nothing worked.

Labels (1)
Re: Message+ Split Screen [disable]
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

The message plus application is a great way to text on your tablet and we do want to make sure that you have all the details, CodaMan.  I checked the settings and it does not appear that there is a way to change the split screen layout at this time.  You can send feedback to the Message Plus app developers by sending an e-mail to: VerizonMessages@VerizonWireless.com.

Adam_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
JohnReedB
Enthusiast - Level 2

This just happened to my tab A 8 running android 8.1 and it is driving me crazy! After suddenly going split screen out of nowhere, the app began to crash and would not work again until I restored my device to factory settings. A Verizon representative told me that was the only way to fix it.

Now, it's happening again...

All I see is sad

JohnReedB
Enthusiast - Level 2

So... it happened again. About two months ago the issue suddenly resolved itself... no split screen, all was good. Today, I update all my apps including message plus and the dreaded split screen is back!!??!!  

(●) / (●)_

`

Would someone please respond. Why did it go away and then come back? Clearly there is away to disable split screen.

Again, all I see is sad..

Samsung galaxy s8 

Smt 380

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Oh no!  As a customer myself, I realize there’s nothing more frustrating than a fixed issue coming back.  Let’s put a stop to this split screen issue permanently.  A private message has been sent so we can assist you further.

SeanC_VZW

0 Likes
JohnReedB
Enthusiast - Level 2

Will you please resend that personal message to me so we can resolve this split screen issue. It's been going back and forth the last couple weeks and is driving me nuts.

Still, I prefer message plus over most all other apps.

Please help.

JB

0 Likes
bumper45
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have a new Samsung S7 tablet an using the Messenger+ but would like to get rid of the split screen. Is this possible?

KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello! We understand the importance of managing your device settings. To better assist you, please send us a Private Note.

~Maria

0 Likes