Re: Message Plus notifications not working
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I definitely understand the significant role our devices play in day-to-day life, and it would be difficult to be happy with notifications that are not working, djurad. To be sure what is the make and model of your device?

On an Android device, what is the current “Power saving mode” that your Battery is set to? If ON, does turning it OFF allow those notifications?

https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-210727/

David_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Shawna03
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have had the same issue with message+ in the S9 since purchasing the phone. I have missed multiple messages with no notification pop up until after another message comes at a later time. 

MBD1

I have a Galaxy S9. Recently Updated. All notification permissions are set correct in Google , Message + App and also Samsung. I recieved notifications on  Message + Icon for last year. It stopped giving me those 3 weeks ago. Already spent more time trying to correct this than it's worth. About done with it.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MBD1, notifications are essential to staying on top of daily tasks and timelines. With that said, we'd like to lend a helping hand. Thank you for confirming all the steps that you have taken so far. I would like you to place your phone in Safe Mode for a few minutes to help pinpoint the issue. Do not worry, Safe Mode does not delete any of your content or stored information. All of you 3rd party apps including the one that we are working on will not be available for the time that your phone is in this mode.

Let's go ahead and start the phone up in safe http://vz.to/1RS0qo3 mode. Remember Safe Mode will disable all third-party apps and give us a better idea if this is a software or hardware concern. You can also test the notification settings while in safe mode in the native messaging app. After leaving your phone in Safe Mode for a full 3 minutes, please do a normal restart to bring it out of Safe Mode and then test the Message+ app to see if the notifications are working. We look forward to getting the results.

GinaU_VZW

0 Likes
KariDawson
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have finally figured it out. ..go to settings, then notifications then at the top turn on app icon badges and yay....my husband and I can now see the number of new messages waiting in all of our apps!

Timmatthews1
Enthusiast - Level 1

This issue plagued my lg g4 for 2+ years it exists on my work samsung s7 and it now affects my samsung s9 personal device. Verizon has no business making software as they clearly can't handle it.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Timmatthews1, your notifications are important to us. With messaging becoming the number one form of communication we absolutely want you to know when you have a message. Let's work to get to the bottom of this. You mentioned that this just recently began on your S9, do you recall adding any new apps, games or software? Does this happen when connected to Wi-Fi? When going to your Settings, Notifications, is the App icon badge turned on? Do you have the notification slid to on for Message+?

LorenB_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Faydealexander
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you for sharing this information, it's a shame the Verizon support couldn't have helped!!!

0 Likes
jumboverizon
Enthusiast - Level 1

Today I called Verizon Tech support to find a resolution to this issue thousand of other people are experiencing.  After more than an hour on the phone, Verizon Tech could not even tell me what the current version build actually is.....I used to use Message + on both PC's here, and both stopped working around the time Windows 10 did an update to my machines.  You'd think VERIZON would be on top of the issues surrounding this application, but wait this is VERIZON and they don't know what is wrong.  That's the real truth, they don't know what is wrong with their applications.  They dumb it down and say they know how frustrating things are, and then steer you into garbage that has absolutely nothing to do with the issues of their app not syncing and updating, etc.  Horrible for Verison to respond with such stupid answers - so everyone out there here's your answer.  The problem is Verizon's app, and they don't know what they are doing with it....and were so stupid as to not even put a, "check for updates" button in their menu.  Want to find the latest download of Message + ?  Don't call Verizon because they don't know where it's at either.  Wonder if Verizon knows how to raise their rates, lol?  Wonder if Verizon knows how to tell you the problem is with your machine, when it's really their garbage software?  I'd be ashamed to put out a product like that and see all the complaints about it not working.....but it's Verizon and they are not ashamed to do anything........

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jumboverizon, we are sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue since your update to Windows 10.To report any issues within the specific application, please go to Message +, select the menu lines to the top left, select Account, and then Report a bug. This way, the application developers do hear from you directly regarding any concerns. Also, when selecting Manage Devices, are any connected devices listed? LorenB_VZW

0 Likes