Re: Message Plus not syncing with windows 10
pbug561
Contributor - Level 1

Hi Vanetris,

I assume that you are aware that these 2 apps you say are not compatible with Win 10 are both Win 10 apps?  How exactly is a Win 10 app, one of them being distributed through the Microsoft store, not compatible with Win 10?  And if not compatible with Win 10, how are people able to use them?  The problems we are having seem to be with how Verizon serves the apps, which worked fine several weeks ago.  And when you and your colleagues tell us to use the badly broken web app, how is it that Verizon, knowing how bad it is, never gets around to fixing it?  OH, and how is it that the Microsoft your phone app manages to work with your messaging?  And why won't Verizon tell us what the problem is with your Win 10 apps that won't work with Win 10?

snordstrom
Enthusiast - Level 1

WORKING NOW.  I have been having the same issue for many weeks.  All of the sudden, this morning it started syching with the computer.  Hope it isn't temporary.

dpfmd
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm not a member of the community but I came across this thread when I developed the same problem in late July. A couple of fortuitous discoveries which you may already know. To be clear my problem has been like many of the others syncing the Windows 10 version of Verizon Messaging + app with my android versions of the app. I could alway successfully send messages OUT from the app and these outgoing messages would sync on my phone and tablet. But I didn't think incoming messages would show on the Windows app but later discovered they would if the source of the message was a VZW device. Tonight I realized that all incoming messages - from any phone - cause Windows 10 notifications and if you click on the notification icon and then click on the message that has come in it shows up in the Messaging+ app body syncing with the android apps. I don't know if you already knew this - and it is a workaround and not a true solution - but I am delighted that I can use that Windows 10 Messaging+ app like I used to. I am one of those people who have been typing most of my life and since I am long-winded it is so much easier to type my verbose messages than to mess around with Google voice-to-text and those confounded touch screens. I hope this helps at least one person.

Pat Ford

bkgobe
Enthusiast - Level 2

Does anyone else's seem to be working now? I just opened my Messages plus app on my Surface tablet (Windows 10 - 1903) and all of my conversations from today are now synced to the app. Nothing from 8-24-19 through yesterday but all of today's are there. Fingers crossed that progress is being made.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Apologies for the inconvenience. The Windows messaging client for Verizon messages is being temporarily removed to prevent syncing issues. You can still use the messaging web client as a windows alternative by following the steps listed in the following link: http://spr.ly/6608161Zj.

UbaldoJ_VZW

0 Likes
pbug561
Contributor - Level 1

Ubaldo, I gather that no one told you that the web client typically works worse then the 'incompatible Win 10 software'?  It's badly broken, usually out of synch, half the time when you click SEND it gets stuck on SENDING but never gets the message out?  You're telling people to get their work done using something that doesn't work?

letti001
Contributor - Level 1

@vzw_customer_support wrote:

Apologies for the inconvenience. The Windows messaging client for Verizon messages is being temporarily removed to prevent syncing issues. You can still use the messaging web client as a windows alternative by following the steps listed in the following link: http://spr.ly/6608161Zj.

UbaldoJ_VZW

The web app times out and also will often have a spinning icon waiting for it to connect. 

The time out feature is bad. The purpose for many of us is to have the desktop app running so we can be notified that there is a message and then respond. The web app dows not work for this

0 Likes
pbug561
Contributor - Level 1

It times out without warning, it zones out so it's still 'live" but doesn't work.  I like to keep it open most of the time to keep in touch with my wife.

0 Likes
letti001
Contributor - Level 1

@Mbooher8787 wrote:

Hello Jasper and all,

The Windows version of Message+ has been broken since mid-July.  I used Message+ daily on my  Windows 10 Pro Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga, my Samsung Galaxy Note 9, and my Amazon Kindle.  It was a major partner in my IT and Logistics businesses, and allowed me to keep up with employees, customer and family from my ThinkPad.

From another link in this long thread, I found someone referencing an Android program called "Android Messages" from GitHub.  It syncs perfectly between my Note 9 on Verizon and my desktop.  Although it is not as "rich" as Verizon Message+, IT WORKS and I'm able to perform most of the functions that Message+ formerly provided me.

I have 10 (yes, that's ten) Verizon lines from Verizon with my business and three personal lines.  Therefore, I'm heavily invested in Verizon, and really can't change due to several of these lines are on specific devices which back up our internet backbone connection between my 4 warehouse locations across the country.  All that to say, as much as I am really ticked off at Verizon not fixing this, I can't move from their platform to another carrier.

However, I am more than pleased with Andriod Messages from Chris Knepper.  I'm using his desktop version 3.0.0 and I highly recommend it.  

You do need to have an Android phone, and then use the free Google Messages.  I'm on version 4.8.058 (Lizard_RC13) from the Google Play Store.

Yes, you can switch back and forth, as necessary, on a Samsung phone to use Message+ if you have the need.  For example, if I want to send a gift card to a contact, I switch back to Message+.  Then, I immediately switch back to Google Messages.

Meanwhile, Android Messages on my Win10 Desktop stays perfectly in sync.

Yes, I went through all the pains you've read about (uninstalling, re-installing, both phone, Win10 and other devices), spending a HUGE amount of time, only to finally learn this was a Verizon issue, and the Verizon techs in the "Community" were as worthless as belly-button lint.  They wanted to seem like they "cared," but I doubt any of them actually tried to simulate the issue, as evidenced by all the posts you've seen.

I'm sticking with Android Messages and Google Messages now to keep everything in sync, and keep up with all my employees, family and friends on my ThinkPad.  The Win10 download only took a few minutes.  Same with loading Google Messages.  You then scan a code which appears on your Win10 desktop, and you are instantly synced.  Such a pleasure again....!

Give it a try, and forget Verizon Message+ for a month or two - end your frustration.  I'm planning on checking back in 6 to 8 weeks, but may never switch back to Verizon Message+ again.  I'm very satisfied with the GitHub/Google solution!

I have had the same experience and actually the same resolve. Almost scary.

0 Likes
JoEbY-X
Enthusiast - Level 2

Isn't it funny how, after I called out Verizon for repeating the same nonsense that Message+ is not compatible with Windows 10, 4 different Verizon reps stil regurgitated the same line? I wonder if they are bots.

Anyway, like others have been reporting today, mine seems to be working again since yesterday.

EDIT: Maybe not. Seems not to be syncing TO my phone. We'll see.

0 Likes