Re: Message Plus not syncing with windows 10
jav6
Champion - Level 3

Interesting events with the sync'ing issue this morning. 

I received two text messages from FedEx which sync'ed to all my integrated devices, Win10 laptop (v1.0.17.0), Win10 desktop (v2.0.2.0) and my iPad (v3.2.2).  I read and deleted them from my primary device, Droid Turbo 2 (Message+ v6.9.1).  The messages DID NOT DELETE from my integrated devices.  Sent feedback on the apps for S&G's. 

On my iPad, I deleted ONE of the FedEx messages (two in the text).  On my laptop, BOTH FedEx messages deleted immediately and the FedEx text was GONE. On my desktop, the ONE message deleted was GONE immediately, with the second remaining.   On my desktop, I deleted the remaining FedEx message and it was GONE immediately on my iPad as well.

Similarily, I had received, overnight, a text message from a VerizonBusiness SolarWinds server, notifying me of a device reboot (geez, 4 years after I left the company), which sync'ed to all my devices.  I deleted it from my phone this morning and it STAYED on all the integrated devices.  I deleted it from my desktop and VOILA, it was GONE IMMEDIATELY from ALL my integrated devices.

Maybe the Verizon Messages team is monitoring these forums and will see my scenario.  It appears the integrated device apps are talking to the server(s) fine (somewhat) but somehow when the primary device takes an action, that is NOT picked up/passed on to the integrated devices like they do with each other.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

NANCAR78, the Message+ Verizon Messages - Windows Desktop application is not compatible with Windows 10 computers. The Windows messaging client for Verizon messages is being temporarily removed to prevent syncing issues and customers should be directed to utilize the messaging web client as a windows alternative. Our Message _ team is working to resolve this matter.

LorenB_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
bill-e

Verizon Messages on my Win 10 computers is now working.  I just launched it today after using Microsoft's "Your Phone" app for the last few weeks and it is working on my desktop and Galaxy Book tablet.

0 Likes
ERIDUN41
Enthusiast - Level 3

Not 100% working yet. Messages sent from the Win10 app do not not sync to other devices. 

0 Likes
ERIDUN41
Enthusiast - Level 3

jav6, another issue I have is that messages sent from the Win10 app do not sync with other devices. They do however show up on the browser based portal. I have not tested using delete but I suspect it is the same process.

0 Likes
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

The app seems to be working again. I was able to send myself text messages on my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge and they appeared on my Microsoft Surface Go. I suspect they would also appear on my Microsoft Surface Laptop as well. 

0 Likes
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

@vzw_customer_support wrote:

NANCAR78, the Message+ Verizon Messages - Windows Desktop application is not compatible with Windows 10 computers. The Windows messaging client for Verizon messages is being temporarily removed to prevent syncing issues and customers should be directed to utilize the messaging web client as a windows alternative. Our Message _ team is working to resolve this matter.

LorenB_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

LorenB_VZW, according to the app's requirements as seen in the Microsoft Store, the app IS compatible with Windows 10. Smiley Frustrated

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Making sure we get you in the right direction is a must. Let's clear up any confusion. Which link are you referring too? AlbertoR_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for reaching out to us, jav6. We understand the importance of making sure our applications are running smoothly. We'll be happy to further assist you with your concern today. We'd like to ask a few questions to better assist you. When did this issue start? Have you tried deleting and reinstalling the Message + app from the primary device?

ChristianP_VZW

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@vzw_customer_support@christianp_vzw  AYFR?  I'm not sure you understand, as you state.  There are over a dozen threads related to this issue and this is NOT the first time I've posted.  Maybe you should read thru the threads to see when this issue started being reported and what has transpired.  It may take you a while.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...