Re: Message Plus not syncing with windows 10
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello kact, we know how inconvenient it can be to not be able to use Message Plus with your Windows PC, and we'd love to help. The Windows Desktop application is no longer compatible with Windows 10 computers. The Windows messaging client for Verizon messages is being temporarily removed to prevent syncing issues. Please use the messaging web client as a Windows alternative using the steps in the following link: http://spr.ly/660916Tmf. Does this information help? 

UbaldoJ_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We apologize for the issues experienced when using the Message+ Verizon Messages - Windows Desktop application, JoEbY-X. We always want to make sure you're able to use any available service, and you can rest assured our Message+ team is working on a resolution. DavidR_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

pbug561,

The Windows messaging client for Verizon messages is being temporarily removed to prevent syncing issues. Please utilize the messaging web client as a windows alternative by following the steps listed on the My Verizon Website - Create and Send a Text Message .

StephannieP_VZW

0 Likes
letti001
Contributor - Level 1

@JoEbY-X wrote:

Isn't it funny how, after I called out Verizon for repeating the same nonsense that Message+ is not compatible with Windows 10, 4 different Verizon reps stil regurgitated the same line? I wonder if they are bots.

Anyway, like others have been reporting today, mine seems to be working again since yesterday.

EDIT: Maybe not. Seems not to be syncing TO my phone. We'll see.

Peter Griffin is working at Verizon and they found out that he tripped across the cord going to the server. They plugged it back in.

Message+ has been working for me the last two days. I do not know if it will continue though. 

Milton
Enthusiast - Level 2

As of this morning, it looks like my Windows 10 is working again. Is anybody else seeing this or should I keep my mouth shut and keep my head down?

kurtsh
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yup!  I can verify that my Windows 10 computer is properly syncing my VZW account's text messages through "Verizon Messages" (Windows 10 Modern App from the Microsoft Store) as well as the old/legacy "Verizon Message+" program. (Win32 app that's no longer downloadable direct from VZW)

Nicely done, VZW.  I give credit where credit is due:  Taking 3 weeks to fix something - even with no details or port-mortem around what went wrong - is better than not fixing it at all.  So kudos.  Will be updating the blog post (https://kurtsthoughts.com/2019/09/11/commentary-verizon-message-for-windows-not-working-as-of-8-31-1...) I wrote to "educate" your customer service folks on Twitter.

p.s. Providing some background on the service interruption would be a very positive thing.  Even if informal.  Like, for example:

• "For security reasons, we made a router or a firewall change to the gateway that the Windows products were using that blocked outbound sync.  After our monthy change management cycle, things were remedied."
  • Or "Microsoft made a security patch change to Windows 10 that required a backend change on our side that required a 3 week process to safely address."
  • Or "The outbound gateway sync service went down and required replatforming to another region of the network blahblahblah."

Or really anything to provide some sort of answers to the questions people have been posting.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

bkgobe, I use my computer to send texts, and I know how important a feature this is. That is great news it seems to be working now with the app on Windows 10. If you do have issues we are urging you to use the website for sending/receiving texts: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-54302/ I know this has been a couple of days, is your app still syncing?  SantoC_VZW

0 Likes
Ned-B
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you for your research on this, Kurt. I gave up on Message Plus after it stopped syncing (in my case on/around 7/27/19).

Today, I logged in just to check and... recent conversations from my Samsung Galaxy Note 4 started to fill in. However, everything from 7/27 until about 8/13 is missing still. Also, the one trial text I sent from Message Plus did not sync up with my phone.

So, showing some signs of life recently, but still broken and not usable.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
The Windows messaging client for Verizon messages is being temporarily removed to prevent syncing issues. Please utilize the messaging web client as a windows alternative by following the steps listed on the My Verizon Website - Create and Send a Text Message .

StephannieP_VZW

0 Likes
rechmbrs
Enthusiast - Level 3

@vzw_customer_support 

My Verizon Website - Create and Send a Text Message 

This webpage doesn't work all of the time.  It has to be manually refreshed (F5) every time I try to use it.

RONC