Re: Message Plus not syncing with windows 10
Daymond
Enthusiast - Level 2

Okay, I am an IT Professional (42 years of IT in fact). I have the same issue. I have even built a brand new computer, with a brand new installation of Windows 10, and fresh installation of Message+ Version 2.0.2.0, and I still have the issue of not syncing all of my messages. I can verify that I can send from the Windows App, but I don't get any new messages coming in on the app. This is very frustrating, since I run a  small IT business, and manage my responses to clients, and potential clients from my computer. I use the Message+ App on my phone, and have no issues with it. What I would like to see here is, an answer stating that Verizon is aware of the issue, and are working on a fix. None of the garbage droppings, they have responded with would work with any of my clients, and they most certainly do not satiate me in the slightest. 

sjw519
Enthusiast - Level 1

You're totally right, @jafauske. That's the ruse. I'll bet Verizon has training for employees, probably by some expensive operations management company, that teaches them to start every statement with a phrase that supposedly "comforts" the customer and lets them know that Verizon cares about them. It doesn't matter, apparently, that the problem never gets fixed. The only people who ever know about it are people who can do absolutely nothing to fix it. But if they keep saying how much they understand how important messaging is, how sorry they are that it's not working, and how much they want it to work for you, along with asking the same questions about the type of phone or PC you have, they've done their job. You see it, I'm sure; how each Verizon post starts off with some inane statement that shows they care. I could scream.

The same employees never respond because Verizon has set the system up that way. And those employees have absolutely nothing to do with the part of the tech department that runs the service. So they're helpless to actually DO anything. All they can do is ask the same questions over and over. When they answer a question, it's usually not the question you asked. 

I contacted Verizon by phone when I first had this issue over a year ago. The rep I spoke with didn't even know that there was an app for the PC. I was astonished. She was perfectly nice. But how could she possibly help me?

Eventually, we get so sick of trying, we give up, which is exactly what Verizon wants. They certainly don't act as if they want our business. We're all replaceable. 

Every company should take a lesson from American Express, which has the best customer service I've ever experienced. When you call or chat, they don't ask a bunch of distracting questions about how your day is going, etc. I don't need customer service to care about how I feel. I need them to solve my problem.

The AmEx reps actually read the first entry in the chat BEFORE they start the conversation so they know why you contacted them. If you call, they listen to what you need, and then respond to it without obfuscation. They don't mischaracterize your problem so you have to spend a bunch of time helping them to understand. If they can't help, they send you to someone who can, and you don't have to wait 30 mins on hold or get passed around from person to person, each of who says that it's not their department.

After every conversation I've had with an AmEx rep., I don't feel frustrated, angry, and like I totally wasted my time. How refreshing!

Could they be bots? 100% yes. 

jafauske
Contributor - Level 1

Thank you @sjw519,

For your acknowledgement and sharing your own frustration with Verizon @vzw_customer_support.

Our postings cost Verizon nothing. There is no cost for ignoring us "Members".
There seems to be no way to put a dent into their earnings, which could possibly motivate them to correct their decision.

Sadly, we seem to have been abandoned. Even by the BOTS!
These are the last "worthless" postings from any @vzw_customer_support Rep:
===
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
8-22-2019 06:55 PM
@joeld_vzw
Our goal is to assist.
Are you currently having issues?
===
Re: Message plus not working on Computer
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
8-20-2019 11:58 AM
@tabithaj_vzw
We appreciate the additional details, Metrogeek.
What version of Windows are you currently running?
Have you tried the app on a different computer?
===

ERIDUN41
Enthusiast - Level 3

Below is my latest via FB messenger. Note my first reach out to them was August 13 and I ping them weekly so this is a continuation of that thread. Infuriating.

Monday 9/9/19
me: Is there an update on this issue? Message+ on Win10 is still not working. There are now 33 PAGES of complaint posts on the Verizon community forum. What is being done? Not being able to text from other devices is a fatal flaw.
Here is the VZ community thread title: Verizon Community > Services > Verizon Messages > Message Plus not syncing with windows 10

VZ support:
We appreciate your patience throughout this, Erin. I understand this application is important for you. Verizon is currently experiencing a problem with the Message+ Windows Desktop application. Our technicians are aware of this issue and are working to resolve it quickly. In the meantime, we recommend using our My Verizon website to create and send a text message. http://spr.ly/6184E7Cip We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused. - Gerson

me: First, this has been going on for well over a month so "working to resolve it quickly" is not really an appropriate response anymore. Second, I am using the website but it times out way too quickly. Maybe the tech team can look at the timeout issue to make the workaround a little more useful?

VZ support:  
Erin, that's not the experience we want you to have when trying to send a message via our website. Can you send me a screenshot of the exact error message you're receiving when trying create and send a text message using our My Verizon website? - Anthony

me: 
There is no error message, the text will say "sending" forever instead of "sent". then I know the website has timed out and I have to close the browser window, login again and start the text all over

VZ support:  
We appreciate these details. Let's gather more that will help us. Which service are you using? Are you accessing it from your device or PC? Let's keep going. - Bobby

me:
Verizon messages+ on Chrome browser on a Win10 desktop computer

VZ support:  
Thanks for sharing these details with us. There is a known issue with Verizon Messages and Windows 10. It will now work correctly with this version of Windows. We don't have an ETA on a correction. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. - Bobby

me: I know there is a known issue with Win10 desktop APP, that is why I am using the BROWSER based version as a workaround. The BROWSER version times out too quickly. That is the issue we are addressing now because the APP is broken. Please tell the developers the look at the timeout issue on the BROWSER version.

adannin
Enthusiast - Level 2

Please give us a Win10 app without having to download/access from the Microsoft store. The current app is old and terrible.

DLMods
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm using what i assume is the origional app (small vertical size app left side of screen)I have 2.. Anyhow.. It cut out on 8/30.... It will confirm a sync evertime i hit sync from my pc.. However, no new messages appear to be recived on my comp end.. It will show and send a message out.. I assummed it was a windows error so I uninstalled updates on the 29th.. Nothing changed.. Something is definetly wrong here..   Program files/verizon/verizon messeges Application WinVMAClient date is 9/10/2015..

jafauske
Contributor - Level 1

Thank you @DLMods,

Your details match the Message+ client (Version: 1.0.17.0) in my Windows 7 computer.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Verizon\Verizon Messages\WinVMAClient.exe
(32bit app on my Windows 7 64bit OS)

You can see the successes/failures for sending/receiving/"synching" between my different device/OS clients in the matrix table (appended below).

My best guess is that Verizon messed it up and doesn't care enough about their customers to fix it.

Verizon Messages failure matrix_f.png

0 Likes
pbug561
Contributor - Level 1

Some notes.

1. SOMETIMES the MS Store version works for a while.  Then back to the same problems.

2. The web version is very buggy.  Sometimes, it just can't actually send a message.  F5 usually lets you login again to usually get it working.

3. The old Windoze version is still not working properly at all.

0 Likes
kurtsh
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm hitting up @vzwsupport on Twitter (https://twitter.com/VZWSupport) and referencing this thread at https://community.verizonwireless.com/t5/Verizon-Messages/Message-Plus-not-syncing-with-windows-10/t....

I have the same problems as everyone else.  I suspect they have recently started to have service failures with the Internet gateway they have that connects the SMS text messaging service with user's Win32 Message+ apps. (Modern App from the Microsoft Store & the old Desktop app that we all love & saved the installers for, amirite?)

Like everyone here, Message+ (Win32 desktop install) stopped working on my workstation on 9/1/19.  I've installed the "newer" Modern App version from the Microsoft Store and it suffers from the exact same problem. 

The web app at https://web.vma.vzw.com/ times out and doesn't seem to be able to maintain a dormant HTTPS: connection so that fails somewhat regularly.   My Android device however works with it's Verizon Message+ (or whatever it's called on Android) just fine - but I strongly suspect the connectivity is done over their cellular network and not over the Internet, hence it doesn't use the same gateway that the Win32/Modern App clients use.

My bet is that (and I haven't read all 34 pages of comments so forgive me if this was covered) MacOS users have the same problem but iOS users do not.

I'm a little surprised that they don't appear to have this as a high priority (Service down???) being that SMS text messages are a revenue-generating service.  But then again, maybe many VZW customers have Unlimited SMS text msg plans and thus this is not a big deal to them.

Really do hope they get this resolved.  Based on the thread it appears to have been resolved before but then I guess it's reared it's head on 8/31 all over again.

visarlene
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just adding my name to the list so that Verizon Wireless knows I am another unhappy customer.  Message Plus on my PC used to work.  Messages to/from my phone appeared on my PC.  Messages to/from my PC appeared on my phone, now the messages are shown only on one or the other.  Very frustrating.  Is anybody working on it or do we just have to stop using it and/or move to another carrier?