Re: Message Plus not syncing with windows 10
letti001
Contributor - Level 1

@rpopeszku wrote:

pbug561,

I have been checking daily since 8-23-19 and the problem has never been fixed. Where are you getting your information from and why did you think it had been fixed? Do you use messages plus on your PC or Tablet?

There are a lot of people posting on this thread with the same issue. I havent seen any "official" reply from Verizon to anyone indicating that technical support is working on the problem.

This was an email resonse to me from business customer support:

I have more of an update for you regarding Verizon Messages. We now have a network alert out that states the following:

The Message+ Verizon Messages - Windows Desktop application is not compatible with Windows 10 computers. The Windows messaging client for Verizon messages is being temporarily removed to prevent syncing issues and customers should be directed to utilize the messaging web client as a windows alternative by following the steps listed on the my verizon website- create and send a text: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-54302/

The Message+ team is aware is working on a resolution

This was from an offical VZW customer service employee getting back to my ticket I submitted.

0 Likes
letti001
Contributor - Level 1

By the way, the web version of texting is of no use at all. Traveling international is worthless as I constantly need to renter a code to get access to the web page and to get ther code, my phone needs to be active.

0 Likes
RobertQuig
Enthusiast - Level 1

Interestingly for me, the only texts I am receiving on my desktop (Windows10) is from a family member on the same plan.   But still not receiving anything from any other contacts. 

SpeakSoftly

Not working for me. I'm on Windows 7. If I send from the pc app, recipients receive my message. When they reply, it shows up on my Galaxy Note 9 Message plus, but not on the PC app.

0 Likes
99fuscaldo

Typical of all these big communication\Cable companies,  We have few options, so why provide applications that work.  No need, but my Bill always shows up ontime.

0 Likes
rwmorey
Enthusiast - Level 2

There is no "error" message you just don't get the messages to appear across devices. 

0 Likes
rwmorey
Enthusiast - Level 2

That link doesn't go anywhere.

0 Likes
rwmorey
Enthusiast - Level 2

So the "text from web app" or whatever works so why can't VZ make the Windows app work?!?!

0 Likes
SIMSZY94
Enthusiast - Level 3

Just another comment from another irritated customer.  This can't be rocket science... VZ just doesn't care enough to fix the app or write a decent one.

And I would be more than happy to use the web interface, if it weren't for the excessive irritation of having to constantly revalidate my identity using two factor authentication via a code sent to my phone.  99% of the time I only use my laptop in two places... at home or at work, but for some reason VZ can't set a cookie to tag my device as a recognized device without checking an IP address (I assume), so whenever I switch between work or home (a daily occurrence), I have to revalidate with 2FA.  The only reason I was using the Windows 10 app was to avoid that nuisance.

- S

0 Likes
blhendricks
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is a mojor nuisance and it is obvious that Verizon does not care to fix it.   It is pervasive enough that they should be able to troubleshoot it.   They flat out don't care.    This has been a problem on and off for a couple years.    There was an older version of the app that was flawless that they stopped supporting and you can't find it anymore.   This app (from the windows store) was a dud from the beginning.   Please verizon give us an update.