Re: Message Plus not syncing with windows 10
cjpower7
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you Verizon Team for finally providing all of us with an explaination to the broken desktop app and the suggestion of the temporary work around via the website app.

As has been reported by many of us using the website app work around, the website "TIMEOUT" is an issue. I often become aware that it has timed out when I hear the notification on my cell phone but not the computer because I keep a tab pinned but not visible in my brower.  How hard would it be to extend the "TIME OUT" time for the just the website app or maybe even code some options in that would allow the user the ability to select a specific amout of time to stay logged in, e.g. 8 hours for a work day, or "until I log out", on the log in page, at least until your team is able to fix the desktop app. I am not a coder, so I don't have any idea how hard it would be to do what I have suggested. It is just thought that might calm the crowd so you can focus on fixing something that so many of us have come to depend DAILY. We really need and want this to work again.

Even though so many are frustrated, I am sure everyone is grateful to learn that it is being worked on and we all will be even more grateful when it is restored and working like it did before mid July.

letti001
Contributor - Level 1

Do not hold your breath for a solution. Here is a snippet of the email sent to me from customer support:

The Message+ Verizon Messages - Windows Desktop application is not compatible with Windows 10 computers. The Windows messaging client for Verizon messages is being temporarily removed to prevent syncing issues and customers should be directed to utilize the messaging web client as a windows alternative by following the steps listed on the my Verizon website- create and send a text:  https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-54302/  

The Message+ team is aware is working on a resolution.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Verizon is currently experiencing a wireless network issue with the Message+ desktop app. Our technicians are aware of this issue and are working to resolve it quickly. Thank you for your patience during this time.

AnnaG_VZW

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

Geez, @vzw_customer_support@annag_vzw , SO WHICH IS IT? 

Windows Desktop application is not compatible with Windows 10

OR

A Verizon Wireless Network issue with the desktop app???????

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
JTinHB
Enthusiast - Level 3
@vzw_customer_support 
Community Manager

Verizon is currently experiencing a wireless network issue with the Message+ desktop app. Our technicians are aware of this issue and are working to resolve it quickly. Thank you for your patience during this time.

AnnaG_VZW

Any idea on a timeline?

0 Likes
BonitaMike

I have the same problem - only worse.  Message+ has worked fine on my Windows 10 computers.  A couple days ago (somewhere around 8/20/2019) it stopped sending or recieving messages.  It looks like it works and even says "sent" on the bottom of my outgoing messages, but no one receives them.

I have no idea how many immportant messages I thought I was sending out went nowhere.

It stopped receiving messagfes at the same tiem (Iassume)

Messagiong still works fine on my Andoid phone and older Android tablet.  Needless to say, the Android devices do not show the messages I thought I had sent from the computers..

HELP!

0 Likes
jafauske
Contributor - Level 1

I welcome any members, with more insight into the logic of the Verizon Messages app FAILURES, to scrutinize my logic and provide any constructive criticism possible.

I've rerun my test cases with my collection of devices/apps.

I may be mistaken, but I consider my devices to be running a "client" app for the Verizon Messages function and that each one communicates with the "Verizon servers".

I've reconfirmed all my results are exactly as I've (previously) tabulated in my spreedsheet matrix (attached).
Still no changes, since FAILURES started about 19 July 2019 (in my case).

Verizon servers receive from all Verizon client apps (evidence = Web Page).

Verizon servers always send out to the destination number [BlackBerry Z30].

Verizon servers sync back all received Windows client messages to all other Windows clients, but NOT to any Android/iOS clients.

Verizon servers sync back all received Android/iOS client messages to all other Android/iOS clients, but NOT to any Windows clients.

FALSE: "The Message+ Verizon Messages - Windows Desktop application is not compatible with Windows 10 computers."
Works just fine, IF the source was a Windows client!

FALSE: "The Windows messaging client for Verizon messages is being temporarily removed"
My Windows clients work just fine (through the Verizon servers, WHEN the message came from one of the other Windows messaging clients).
Verizon Messages is still offered in the Microsoft Store in Windows 10.
What has been "removed"?

In my theory or theoretical model, the Verizon Messages SERVER has been BROKEN by something. Verizon? Microsoft? Global warming??

Verizon Messages failure matrix_f.png

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Help is here for you MarioSpina! We can provide the answers you need. I apologize for the issues you are having with Message+ and Windows 10. There is currently a compatibility issue that prevents the proper functionality. We do not have an ETA at this time. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.   BobbyN_VZW

0 Likes
JTinHB
Enthusiast - Level 3

FYI, now messages are disappearing from the browser on the web verison (on htis website).

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are terribly sorry for the trouble that you are having with our Message+ service on your computer. We are aware of the issue and our Message+ team is working on a resolution. For the moment the messaging client for the Windows Desktop application has been removed. In the meantime, please use the following link as a guide to text from your computer: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-54302/ We appreciate your patience. 

RogerZ_VZW

0 Likes