Re: Message Plus not syncing with windows 10
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

PDBrown,

I know how important it is to make sure you can count on your messages on all of your devices. We want to make sure you get those where you need them. We are investigating this behavior with our internal team. We appreciate your patience while we do so and we will absolutely provide additional updates when they are available.

AndrewT_VZW

0 Likes
HeidiMcCullough

Not only do I have this problem, I have a mystery.

I've been using Message + for years. Got a new laptop last fall....everything fine. I just got a new Galaxy S10e phone, and now suddenly my messages won't sync to my laptop. I get them on my phone, and if I send them from my laptop, they're there. However, the responses I get aren't showing up on the laptop. 

And here's another mystery. I just sent a photo and a message with my phone. I turned to my laptop, and saw both in the message window. In a couple of seconds, the photo disappeared, then a second later the message disappeared.  

What the heck??? 

0 Likes
JTinHB
Enthusiast - Level 3
jav6,

With all due respect, it's clear that the root cause of the problem hasn't been identified here and contacts syncing may in fact be a related issue.  I'm just adding info to the discussion and don't see it as sidetracking anything.  It's certainly not side tracking the stellar efforts demonstrated by Verizon thus far.

Johnmav
Enthusiast - Level 2

– The message+ release (6.9.0) that you are referring to is for android. The problem we are experiencing is with the Windows 10 App (2.0.2.0)
– we are using the desktop app, and it is not working
– I cleared my cookies, and it did not affect anything
– I'm experiencing the same problems on my desktop and laptop, both at home and at work

To be clear, the biggest issue at hand is the Windows 10 app (2.0.2.0). Like I mentioned earlier in the thread, I called Verizon tech support and was pretty amazed to find out that the technician didn't even know the desktop app exists.

The iPhone app and web-based app have their own issues

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Our goal is to always make sure our customers concerns are addressed. Your time is valuable and having an issue for more than 24 hrs can be frustrating for anyone. With regard to the desktop application has it been updated to the latest version? Have you tried removing the application and installing it back to your computer? What all have we done so far? JasperM_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
seidler, we're so sorry to hear about the syncing issues you're experiencing with Message+ on your PC. We'd like to take a closer look and find out what's going on. When did this first start happening? Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the application? Does this impact all conversations?

LauraF_VZW

0 Likes
bldegle2
Contributor - Level 1

With all due respect to Verizon Support Personnel, you are not solving the problems or listening as far as I can tell, and many others feel the same why.

Support keeps asking the same questions, over and over again.  The general feeling here is that you are just desk jockeys trying to insulate higher ups from the disaster which has unfolded.

This needs to be racheted up to the top, get the company software engineers on this before it completely explodes.

What many would appreciate is a response maby something like this.

"We recognize there is a problem, many even a serious problem with messenger and we have our software team working overtime to figure the problem out"

I checked my message history.  From 2016 to early August 2019, my message+ worked just fine.  I have tried every frickin' suggestion presented here and still have no syncing, EXCEPT, strangely, for one business associate.

The problem is with the same for the original web based Message+ and the new Verizon Messenger offered from the Windows store.

Support is lacking, solutions are not working, there are already thousands of posts spread over many threads contained herein.  If that can not light the fire needed to solve this problem, then your support is USELESS...

Okay, off the rant.  Get it fixed...

bldegle2
Contributor - Level 1

Please excuse my typo's, long day...

0 Likes
jafauske
Contributor - Level 1

OH FOR PETE'S SAKE! READ THE POSTS!

Permit me to direct you to my post:
===
jafauske
Novice
Friday, August 16, 2019 - 8:59 PM
===
"What all have we done so far?" We've ALL answered ALL your questions!

"We're so sorry" that none of you have enough respect for us members to spend a little of your valuable time to read our posts.

1. An SMS message sent from Verizon's app on an Android device DOES NOT SYNC to any of Verizon's apps on a Windows (7 or 10) device.

2. An SMS message sent from either of Verizon's apps on a Windows (7 or 10) device DOES NOT SYNC to Verizon's app on any Android device.

3. Verizon's app on an Apple iOS device and Verizon Messages in WHICHEVER browser, DO SYNC ALL sent messages.

4. The TO: recipient DOES RECEIVE the SMS message sent from any device.

Reviewing all 8 of my available devices/browsers, I have confirmed there has been NO CHANGE to the SUCCESS/FAILURE results as tabulated in my original spreadsheet matrix (current status shown here):

Verizon Messages failure matrix_f.png

jafauske (Member)

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Johnmav, we are aware of the issues with the Messages+ app. We are currently working to provide a solution for this issue. We truly apologize for the inconvenience. Please try uninstalling the desktop app and the reinstall it. Let us know if this helps. 

DiaS_VZW

0 Likes