Message+ Not Connecting to Sony SW3
JAWBLA
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have been happily using the Message+ app with my Sony Smartwatch 3 for many months with great success.

Today, there was a strange popup on my watch "Calling Setup - swipe left to set up calling on your watch." I swiped right to ignore it, but it kept coming back. Curious, I went to see where that went and I got a Verizon text message that my "device SmartWatch 3 now has access to your text and calls. Reply STOP if you do not recognize this device." The irony was that after this point, I stopped receiving new text messages.

I tried restarting both my phone (Sony Xperia Z3v) and my watch. I tried downgrading and upgrading Message+. I clicked the "Manage Devices" section in the Message+ app and saw my watch under connected devices. Thinking that disconnecting it would allow me to start from scratch, I disconnected it. I'm still getting the popups without the ability to get the connection back. I just keep clicking the blue arrow in the popup and nothing happens. I switched default message apps back and forth and that allowed me to send outgoing texts from the stock Sony app, but I prefer the Message+ app.

Any ideas or should I just wait it out?

Labels (1)
Re: Message+ Not Connecting to Sony SW3
Meyekl
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having the same issue however, I am using an Asus Zenwatch2. Since this issue appears to be happing on two different devices my assumption would be that this is an issue with Messenger+. I too prefer Messenger+ and hope that Verizon gets this issue resolved soon.

0 Likes
JAWBLA
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same problem in my wife's Zen2 as well. Thanks!

Bsqrd
Enthusiast - Level 1

Having the same issue with my Huawei Watch.  Every time my watch connects it asks me to Setup calling, then asks me to go to System Updates to install the latest S/W, but my watch and phone are up to date.  How can I clear this alert?

WILCRI83
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same issue on my LG G Watch R connected to Galaxy S6 edge. Please fix!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

WILCRI83, let's get your LG G Watch back in harmony with Message+. When did this start for you? Did it work before? What is not working on your watch?

JoelR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
GABRIV29
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same issue on moto 360 SmartWatch. Any fixes??

Meyekl
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello Joel, All of your questions are answered in the thread. Also, WilCR is just the last person in the thread. The original question was posted by JAWBAL. The problem is that Messenger+ is no longer sending texts to smart watches of all kinds. If you do a search on google for this issues you will find thousands of people have the same issues with Messenger+. Everyone started having this issue after the last update to Messenger+

0 Likes
JAWBLA
Enthusiast - Level 2

The problem was solved for me with the last update. The only item I noticed

was that group texts don't go through.

0 Likes
Meyekl
Enthusiast - Level 2

I updated Messenger+ today also and it now seems to be working for SMS again. I have not received any group messages to verify that issue. At least it took only a few day for Verizon to get this resolved.

0 Likes