Message+ App: Who is "Flounder" in Managed Devices?
treet007

Hi there. I have Verizon Wireless Message+ app (version 2.4.3) on my iPhone 6S, and I found a strange setting: there is "Flounder" under Managed Devices in Setting. I have no device called "Flounder" registered in Message+. My significant other, who also has an iPhone 6S with the same version of app, has the same Managed Device registered called "Flounder". We both disconnected this device in Message+. We do not share Verizon Wireless accounts, so this is a mystery to us.

So, who is Flounder? Was this added as part of a Message+ upgrade?

Thanks in advanced for any thoughtful replies

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Message+ App: Who is "Flounder" in Managed Devices?
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

I just checked my phone, and the only two "Managed Devices" I see are my tablet and Laptop, as expected.  No device named "Flounder" and I have the latest updates.

Is your home computer or a tablet nicknamed Flounder?  Disconnecting the device should work, and you should receive a text message to confirm if someone tries to add it back.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Does anyone own a Nexus 9 tablet? Flounder is the codename for the Nexus 9 device.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

treet007,

Help is here! This is pretty odd that you have “Flounder” under connected devices. Let’s dig a bit deeper to figure this out. SuzyQ & Ann154 have given some good suggestions. Have you been able to check if any of your computers or tablets may have this nickname? Please see this link http://vz.to/2qP8ugc so that you can remove “Flounder” as a device. Please look under the heading “Remove a Device from Your Verizon Messages (Message+) Account”. Please keep us posted on the results.

AliciaS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!"

0 Likes