Re: Message + App, Still Not Campatible with Android Smartwatches
JOG0277
Contributor - Level 3

As I was checking this thread, I noticed that under the topic on page 1; this topic is listed as: "Assumed Answered"  which I actually thought was strange considering that Verizon NEVER gave a date when they would enable Integrated Calling and they NEVER provided any information on whether they were working on making their Message Plus App compatible with Google's Smartwatch Software.....So I'm wondering....How is this topic "Assumed Answered"  ?!?..

0 Likes
psmith9896
Enthusiast - Level 1

I think that is easy, the answer is "we don't care". We just don't like their answer but they are speaking volumes with their continued ignoring of the issue.

Bottom line is they don't care and I doubt they will. That said the watch makes a semi decent paper weight.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

JOG0277 wrote:

As I was checking this thread, I noticed that under the topic on page 1; this topic is listed as: "Assumed Answered" which I actually thought was strange considering that Verizon NEVER gave a date when they would enable Integrated Calling and they NEVER provided any information on whether they were working on making their Message Plus App compatible with Google's Smartwatch Software.....So I'm wondering....How is this topic "Assumed Answered" ?!?..

Only the OP (that's you apparently) or an administrator can mark a thread as answered assumed or otherwise. As the OP, you should be able to unmark it as answered. I don't recall if the "assumed answered" option can be unmarked.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
JOG0277
Contributor - Level 3

Thanx for the tip....But I certainly didn't mark this thread as: "Assumed Answered"  so I'm assuming the administrator did this for their own benefit.

TAMIESU33

Did you try changing the Assumed Answered status?   I just found this forum as I to am having issue with the Message+ application not working with my Fossil Smart watch ---- I'm beyond UNtechy and had thought it was me not being able to make this work.

0 Likes
Dr_H
Enthusiast - Level 2

I got a message from VZW Support to contact them directly which I did but never heard back.

I began the Pulse workaround, but got a message that Google now requires any messaging app to be chosen the default in order for it to be activated.

Guess there is no solution.

0 Likes
JOG0277
Contributor - Level 3

That seems kinda strange, cause I'm not having that problem...I'm still able use The Pulse App and the Verizon Message + App on my phone.  I'm currently using Android OS Orero on my LG-V20 Phone.  What OS is your phone currently using?...Are you using Android Pie (Android 9.0)?

0 Likes
simplepinoi177
Enthusiast - Level 2

At first, you have to have the Pulse messaging app be the default on both the phone and on the watch. Run it a couple of times, watch it sync with each other, and then you can run your normal messaging app (Verizon Message+) on your phone and use it normally. And now, whenever you get a text, while on your phone you can use whatever texting/messaging app you wish, it will come on your watch through Pulse (the pulse app on your watch particularly), even if it's default as another app on your phone -- I'm not sure if it must be at least default on the watch.

Give that a try and see if it works out for you, because me and JOG0277​ have it working just fine.....

0 Likes
DENGNNJ

First, thanks to everyone for their input... the info provided is invaluable.  This definitely does not apply to everyone, but I just thought I'd throw my $.02 in so that some people don't pay for a third party messaging app if they don't have to...

I have an LG Stylo 2 phone running Verizon Message+ and ran into the same issue when I connected my Tic Watch Pro today - no SMS messages were being pushed to the watch.  I can report however, that switching back to the LG Messaging app (making it the default messaging app) works without a problem.  NOTE:  After making the LG app the default, I made sure to go into WearOS app permissions toggle them on/off - off/on just in case.

I realize that this is not an IDEAL solution, nor does it address all you other users that DONT have an LG phone, but at least it might save an LG phone user some headaches if they're reading this excellent discussion.

0 Likes
Urquie

I have spent nearly 8 hours going back and forth with Google and Verizon about Message+ not notifying me of return texts on Google Pixel 3. Verizon says it's not their fault. Google says it's not related to Google Pixel 3.

I give up, but if Verizon is selling Google Pixel 3, its Message+ shoud work on it. What a disaster.

I had to revert to the Messanger on Google out of sheer frustration.

0 Likes