Re: Message + App, Still Not Campatible with Android Smartwatches
JOG0277
Contributor - Level 3

While the Verizon Message Plus App is still not compatible with Google's Wear OS Smartwatch Software;  Integrated Calling is still an important feature on the Verizon Network.  To put it in simple terms....If Google suddenly fixed the issue and made the Verizon App compatible with their software; you still wouldn't be able to make phone calls on an LTE Smartwatch as a Stand Alone Device without Integrated Calling. 

Integrated  Calling is the 1st Step in allowing Tablets and LTE Smartwatches to the ability to make phone calls as Stand Alone Devices using your Original Verizon Cell Phone Number....While enabling this feature isn't a complete solution to the problem...It's still the 1st step towards resolving the issue.

I prefer to count my Blessings...One Baby Step At A Time.....

Dankees
Enthusiast - Level 3

Does this have anything to do with me being to get Verizon Message+ working on my WEAROS smartwatch?

0 Likes
JOG0277
Contributor - Level 3

The short answer is ....NO!!  But as I stated in my previous text; this action by Verizon may be the 1st step towards them resolving this compatibility issue.

0 Likes
JetRocket
Enthusiast - Level 3

@JOG0277 wrote:

The short answer is ....NO!!  But as I stated in my previous text; this action by Verizon may be the 1st step towards them resolving this compatibility issue.

This thread is specifically about WearOS issue though. How did it sidetrack to being about a calling feature?

We want an update about not being able to get notifications on WearOS and the fact that the app is also not available on that platform

0 Likes
JOG0277
Contributor - Level 3

"This thread is specifically about WearOS issue though. How did it sidetrack to being about a calling feature?

We want an update about not being able to get notifications on WearOS and the fact that the app is also not available on that platform"

I'm not sure if you are aware, but the Integrated Calling and The Message Plus App compatibility issue to Wear OS; are related issues.

Can someone from Verizon Chime and either confirm or deny if Verizon is actually working on resolving this issue of Verizon Apps not being Compatible to Wear OS??!!??...

JOG0277
Contributor - Level 3

"This thread is specifically about WearOS issue though. How did it sidetrack to being about a calling feature?

We want an update about not being able to get notifications on WearOS and the fact that the app is also not available on that platform"

May I suggest....Instead of focusing your criticism of me....Maybe you should focus your criticism on Verizon solving this particular issue.  Hopefully, if enough customers continue to focus on the Actual Issue instead of me....Maybe this will put enough pressure on Verizon to fix this problem.

0 Likes
Dankees
Enthusiast - Level 3

So far, I have been able to sideload the app onto my watch (using ADB instructions I found online). I've gotten Verizon Messages onto my watch, but when I open it, the screen just goes white and never actually opens the app. Then, it just reverts back to my watch face. I'm thinking that I have to change the app version to something older, like from June 2017 and load that to my watch. (If that doesn't work, maybe I would have to download an older version on my phone - which I'm not sure how to do, yet.) What do you all think about this?

By the way, does Informer for Wear show you actual texts from Verizon Messages on your watch?

(I am using an LG Watch Urbane.)

0 Likes
JOG0277
Contributor - Level 3

Which smartwatch do you have and what version of Wear OS are you currently using?.....Also, would you mind posting the link on how to side load the Message Plus App onto your watch.....Thanx.

0 Likes
Dankees
Enthusiast - Level 3

Well, I now have Verizon Messages and Hangouts working as they did before, with notifications.

I have written out the steps below. I don't 100% know if they are in order or they even need to be in an order. But, it took a lot of playing around, and I got them both to show me text notifications as they did before.

Link: https://www.techadvisor.co.uk/how-to/google-android/sideload-apps-android-wear-3673967/

Watch IP Address: 192.XXX.X.XXX:5555 (Find Your Watch's Specific Number)

Download Verizon Messages Mirror Version 6.6.7
Download Hangouts Mirror Version: 26.0.20
Uninstall Apps From Phone
Uninstall Apps From Watch
Restart Watch
Install App (One at A Time) On Watch Via Sideloading
Disconnect Watch From ADB
Install Old (Mirrors) Versions On Phone
Go Into Play Store On Watch & Install Apps From Phone (One at A Time)

Turn Off Auto-Update On Each App On Your Phone
Turn Off Auto-Update In Your Watch's Play Store

0 Likes
Dankees
Enthusiast - Level 3

...And, never update any of these apps!

0 Likes