Re: Message + App, Still Not Campatible with Android Smartwatches
aprayiii
Contributor - Level 1

Hi @aarons_vzw is there a plan to address this issue or has Verizon made the decision that Android Wear watches will not be useable with the Message+ application?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We apologize for any inconvenience. We're always looking to make updates and changes that benefit our customers. Here's a link that will keep you up to date with our services and products https://forms.verizonwireless.com/dgf/optin/2012/08282012_general_optin/.

CoreyM_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
aprayiii
Contributor - Level 1

Hi @coreym_vzw are you saying that if I fill out that form which says it is to "Sign up for email alerts about our latest products and services." I will get infomation on when Message+ will be fixed so that it is once again compatible with Wear OS?

0 Likes
JOG0277
Contributor - Level 3

Thank you for responding; CoreyM_VZW, but I just checked the link you posted...All it is; is a sign-up for email alerts on promotional offers and new products.  That link contains no information on this issue....If you don't have a REAL ANSWER for us on this issue; just BE HONEST and admit  it.  There's nothing wrong with not having an answer; as long as you're actually interested, in putting forth the effort to actually find us an answer.

aprayiii
Contributor - Level 1

Hi @coreym_vzw any update on this?

0 Likes
JOG0277
Contributor - Level 3

https://community.verizonwireless.com/t5/Android-General/New-Verizon-Wear-OS-Compatible-Smartwatch/m...

As of July 2019, It appears Movboi Tic Watch; in conjunction with Verizon has developed an Android Smartwatch that's actally compatible with the Verizon Network.  The watch is called The Tic Watch Pro 4G LTE and it even has cellular capabilities.  This smartwatch is Exclusive ONLY to Verizon and it costs $299.  It appears this smartwatch is the only Android Smartwatch that's compatible to the Verizon Network.

For more info on this new watch, see attached link Above...

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Good afternoon, aprayiii! At this time we do not have any updates on when the Message+ app will be compatible on Android Smartwatches. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience.

MarshallP_VZW

0 Likes
aprayiii
Contributor - Level 1

Thank you for your response @marshallp_vzw 

0 Likes
aprayiii
Contributor - Level 1

I got excited when I saw a new update for Message+ today but I still can't install the app on my watch 😞

0 Likes
Krayziecd

I read this entire thread because I'm having this same issue with message+ not being available fory smartwatch.  But the thing that's confusing me is that the OP stated numerous times that he believes Verizon is content to leave this issue unfixed because they're making money selling Samsung's galaxy smart watches.  Thing is, that's the exact smartwatch I have, the galaxy active sport 2.  And I wish it were compatible with message+.  If it is, I haven't gotten it to work.  

Anyone else with a galaxy smartphone able to use message+?  It's by far my favorite SMS app and I don't want to use another.  

0 Likes