Re: Message + App, Still Not Campatible with Android Smartwatches
JOG0277
Contributor - Level 3

I'm not sure why that happened....You may have uninstall and reinstall the Pulse App on your watch.

0 Likes
JOG0277
Contributor - Level 3

From what you've said, it seems like there's an issue with Wear OS 2.1.  If I were you I would just stay with 2.0 until they work out all the bugs....Personally I haven't done an update since the original release of Wear OS, because it made no sense for me to do an update due to the fact that none of these updates are compatible with the Verizon Message Plus App....So, If I can't use the Verizon App on your update...Then why should I bother doing an update...

0 Likes
simplepinoi177
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yeah, don't know why the Pulse notifications (and any notifications sometimes) intermittently work.

I ended up resetting my watch. But, again, it seemed to stop working. For whatever reason, restarting the watch, opening the Pulse app got things connected and working again.

But, again, thank you Jog for the suggestion and pointing out Pulse app. I really like that it's able to do the notifications but not be the default messaging app on the phone. Just the workaround needed...

But yeah, I'm having a stubborn difficult time with the new OS 2.1. Compared to 2.0, 2.0 seems so seamless in comparison. And I lost capabilities like speakerphone. I was (or am) considering just keeping it on 2.0 for now because of all of its issues. But I imagine it will constantly alert about the update and be a constant pestering.

0 Likes
JOG0277
Contributor - Level 3

I haven't done a software update on my LG Watch Sport in months, because Verizon & Google haven't fixed  the issue of the Verizon Message Plus App not being compatible with Android Smartwatch Software....And I won't be doing any software updates on my watch until this issue is fixed; because it makes no sense to do updates unless this issue is corrected.  I still get the daily reminders on my watch to update the software; but I just ignore the reminders.  I avoid the automatic software updates on my watch by shuting off my smartwatch when I place it on the charger.  Because your watch cannot update if it doesn't have either a WiFi or Bluetooth connection while on the charger.

Keeping your watch on 2.0 might just be the fix you need, until they fix all the bugs in 2.1.

0 Likes
simplepinoi177
Enthusiast - Level 2

hmmm...something I am going to seriously consider...it does seem true that 2.1 has too many issues...but also, if "Big Red" here could simply update their precious primary messaging software and make it available to 2.1; they want us to exclusively use it but don't keep it compatible...i'm just saying...

I'm not sure about your LG Watch Sport, but on my Explorist Gen 3 & 4, you could actually disable and turn off wifi in general. Might be something to consider if you hardly use it and/or so you don't have to turn off the watch nightly necessarily...

0 Likes
JOG0277
Contributor - Level 3

I looked into trying to disable the update notifications on my watch, but there doesn't seem a way to disable the notification feature....Luckily it's not that big of a deal; I simply just ignore update notification.

Yeah, your right, I can also turn off my WiFi and Bluetooth when I set my watch on the charger; to avoid the auto software update.  But it's just easier for me to just turn off my watch, when I set it on the charger, cause I might forget to turn back on the Bluetooth feature when I take it off the charger.

0 Likes
JOG0277
Contributor - Level 3

I'm not sure why Verizon hasn't resolved this serious issue by now?  I'm not even exactly sure what Verizon's End Game Is?  Maybe this issue hasn't been resolved by Verizon on purpose, in order to force Android Smartwatch owners to purchase Samsung Smartwatches.  From what I've read, Samsung Watches are not Android Watches because Samsung uses their own smartwatch software called "Tizen".  And it appears that the Verizon Message Plus App IS COMPATIBLE with the Tizen Software.  So Samsung Smartwatch owners don't have issues with compatibility that Android Smartwatch Owners have.  Samsung Smartwatch owners also claim that their LTE Watches can still connect to the Verizon Cellular Network as "Stand Alone Devices"; even though Verizon disabled the Integrated Calling Feature within their Message Plus App (Preventing ALL Android Smartwatches & Tablets from making calls as Stand Alone Devices).

I've also noticed that Verizon has been heavily promoting the release of the new Samsung Galaxy Smartwatch...So I'm not sure if this all ties together as an effort by Verizon to force Android Smartwatch Users to buy Samsung Smartwatches...

0 Likes
JOG0277
Contributor - Level 3

Now it seems that owners of the New Samsung Galaxy Watch are having the exact same problem; none of these guys can connect their smartwatch to the LTE Network as a "Stand Alone Device" (see link below).....I wonder if this is all related to the  "Disabled Integrated Calling Feature" ; can someone from Verizon please comment on this issue.  Even if you don't have a solution; at least comment to Acknowledge The Issue with both the Android and Samsung Smartwatches and give an estimated date when this issue will be resolved...

Galaxy Watch LTE not connecting to network

0 Likes
JOG0277
Contributor - Level 3

Can someone from Verizon please step in and respond with an HONEST ANSWER to my questions....#1- Are you guys actually working on resolving the issue of your Message Plus App not being Comatible with Wear OS.  If you're actually working on the issue; can you give an estimated timeline of when this problem will be resolved??  #2- When will you enable Integrated Calling; so that customers will be able to make phone calls from their tablets and smartwatches as Stand Alone devices?!?..

All I'm asking...Is for a Verizon Rep to please respond (and if possible) give an HONEST Answer..

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate your patience throughout this, JOG0277. I'm sorry for any inconvenience this has caused. I understand that these features are important for you. We want to provide you with accurate information. We don't have direct communication with the developers, and we are unable to give you a specific time frame of when these features will be available for your watch. We recommend submitting feedback directly from your cell phone to the developers to get a better idea when these features will be available. https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-43779 I hope this provides clarity.

Gerson_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!