Message+ 6.4.1 HUGE concerns
TubaOrNotTuba
Contributor - Level 1

Verizon Message+ updated yesterday to 6.4.1. Now I was forced to put my name in along with my # so apparently people can find me and create groups with me in it that I am not allowed to control or leave.

I can't find any documentation on this, Facebook chatting with Verizon didn't help, and I get the overall impression that very few, if any, techs at Verizon have any idea what's going on.  It's a TOTAL violation of my privacy if I'm forced to allow others to search by my name to find me to add me to groups or otherwise text me.

As such, if this is the case, Verizon must give us the ability to disable this and do it now or I file a complaint with the FTC over privacy.

Next, I get it you guys are crazy enough to pay $4B for a security-hole-ridden company like Yahoo, but I never, ever want to search with Yahoo and yet you force that on us.  We should be allowed to choose our own search engine.  Other companies have gotten in lots of trouble by not allowing the customization of search engine.  Just ask Microsoft how that worked out for them.

Next, I get it you make $ off eGifts; however, I am NEVER, EVER going to send an eGift card via text.  I should be able to remove that too or at least reorganize your icons.  The only things I care about are Gallery, Glympse, Places, and contact cards and ironically enough Contact Cards is dumped behind lower menu and yet I use it all the time.  It's just crazy that a year ago you guys were taking a survey about how great Message+ was for customization and yet it barely has any.

Last, you've now decided to waste literally 50% of the screen space by putting date/time stamps in bubbles above messages.  That's stupid.  I know how to find the date/time stamp by swiping left.  It's always worked that way.  What you've done is steal screen space when I could be reading messages. 

Clearly it's time for new product management.  Me, I'm going to look at Signal.  Might never use your junk again.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Message+ 6.4.1 HUGE concerns
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

TubaOrNotTuba wrote:

Verizon Message+ updated yesterday to 6.4.1. Now I was forced to put my name in along with my # so apparently people can find me and create groups with me in it that I am not allowed to control or leave.

See:

Re: Messaging App/Public Profile

View solution in original post

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

TubaOrNotTuba wrote:

See:

0 Likes
TubaOrNotTuba
Contributor - Level 1

Thank you.  That seems to work.  This is what I said over there:

0 Likes
TubaOrNotTuba
Contributor - Level 1

6.4.x,  also broke WiFi SMS/MMS message sending.  I'm in a terrible service area but have excellent WiFi and yet simply SMS messages stopped sending.  Clearly this is a HORRIBLE version and needs to be backed out back to the previous version.

[Removed]

discussing moderation removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having WiFi to support your message delivery comes in handy, TubaOrNotTuba. Data connectivity is required when messages contain 5MB or higher of media content. With data enabled in the background while you are connected to WiFi, are you able to send messages?

AndreaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
TubaOrNotTuba
Contributor - Level 1

First, you're saying to send a msg over 5MB we are FORCED to use our data plan?  That's unacceptable.  Exactly ZERO, literally ZERO, other apps require the use of a 4G/3G connection to send files over 5MB when WiFi is available.  If this is the case, this is yet another reason why we demand the right to disable the chat junk in this new app.

Second, I was clear I was sending SMS/MMS messages from a location with horrible (as much of your service in this area is) cellular service but perfect WiFi service.  I was literally sending a 20 character message, a password, to a phone siting next to me and also connected via WiFi.  The message FAILED to go until I stepped outside and got a single 4G bar.

So again, this has NOTHING WHATSOEVER to do with data being enabled in the background, your "service" in our area is so shoddy it doesn't matter, but this SMS message would have sent immediately on the version prior to this abomination that is 6.4.x.

0 Likes
TubaOrNotTuba
Contributor - Level 1

To that end, and I've explained this to multiple techs, if I set another SMS/MMS app as my default on my LG V20, NO messages sent by Verizon Message+ users to my # are delivered until I return to Message+.  Your system now assumes that all messages will be delivered over a data/WiFi connection and that's NOT the case in this area.  There are a great many places with 1x only coverage then you MUST deliver messages to me quickly using SMS which works fine over 1x.  Honestly, you should get about ½ second to deliver via data/WiFi until you revert to SMS and deliver it.  That, or, you must give us the right to set our accounts to "Deliver all messages by traditional SMS/MMS only".