Megabyte Usage With Windows Live Messenger
twiddledum
I've been trying to get Windows Live Messenger (aka MSN) on my mobile EnV2 phone and I'm curious as to what I need to do. I went into the local verizon store today and asked if getting some sort of a plan would be reccomended because I'm on a basic plan that doesn't include megabytes, internet, etc. The 25 MB monthly plan for $9.99/mo sounded appealing but I'm curious as to how much a message would cost to send and/or receive and if 25 MB's would be sufficient in a monthly period if I were to send and receive MSN instant messages on a fairly regular basis when I was not at home. I'm wondering if MB's are used up when just logging onto MSN, staying online on MSN, sending a message, receiving a message, etc. I'm quite new to the entire internet/MB usage on a phone so any help would be appreciated. Oh, and something I saw earlier made it sound like standard texting fee's also apply when using instant messaging. Is this true? I'm going to be using MSN on my mobile phone so I can send messages to someone on an international level so would I be charged for international texting fees? Thanks.
Labels (1)
Tags (4)
0 Likes
Re: Megabyte Usage With Windows Live Messenger
AG17
Enthusiast - Level 1

These were pretty much the exact same questions I was going to ask. Can anyone help us out? :smileywink:

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

25mb is a good deal of data, but if you plan to use your device a lot and don't want to worry about going over your limit, I would suggest trying the Connect plan.  That includes unlimited text and data.  You could surf the web and all and not worry about going over your limit.

Doc

0 Likes
twiddledum

thanks for replying! I think the connect plan is a bit unecessary, I forgot to mention I have a basic plan along with a texting plan to people that have verizon and 500 texts to people outside verizon which I'm pretty satisfied with, and I'm really just looking for a cheaper way to keep in touch with someone overseas. thanks for the suggestion though.

Still looking for how much a message using MSN on my mobile phone would cost (megabyte wise). thanks!

0 Likes