Mechanics of Reporting Text Spam
Kp1099
Enthusiast - Level 1

Received a spam text this morning. Something about winning £5000 per the preview popup.

I'm aware I can report by forwarding to 7726. But in Verizon Messages, HOW do I forward it without marking the message as "read" (thereby inviting the sender to send more)??

Thanx in advance.

Re: Mechanics of Reporting Text Spam
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Kp1099, getting unwanted spam text messages can be troublesome. I want to make sure that we do everything we can to stop these messages from coming to your device. I understand not wanting to mark the message as "read." One thing that I would suggest is to take a screenshot of the message and text with the picture with the information to 7726. I hope this provides clarity.   KevinR_VZW

REDSKINS44
Enthusiast - Level 2

How can you block text spam if the same messages come from spoofed numbers that constantly change?  Since I have that issue I was expecting that reporting them was a waste of time.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We never want any of our customers to receive spam. We are here to help review your option. 

Currently there is not a way to block those unwanted messages, since you stated they keep changing numbers. You do have the option to change your number though. This would help you avoid the messages you are currently getting https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/change-mobile-number-faqs/?lid=sayt&sayt=mobile%20number%20c...

StevenG_VZW

tdhunter
Enthusiast - Level 1

What happed to the drop down option directly from the text menu to Report as Spam?

It was simple, deleted the message, and I beleive blocked future messages.  Why are we going backwards and this becoming more complicated while the problem has grown exponentially???

Bring back the "Report as Spam".

soyring
Enthusiast - Level 1

changing numbers is not an acceptable option

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

As consumers ourselves we understand the nuisance of receiving unwanted calls.Here are some options to block a few specific numbers or prevent all spammers and robocallers from reaching you.

https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/block-numbers/

MariaV_VZW

0 Likes
ldhin305
Enthusiast - Level 1

Because of the lack of empathy from this business and the business charging to add blocks, consider moving to Google messages. It allows blocking text messages and reporting as spam with one button. Also allows for easy text messaging online. 

messages.google.com/web 

I found it fit my use needs more than this company's product.

Jazztomato
Enthusiast - Level 1

I know. So so aggravating. The one thing they know everyone will need. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jazztomato, we always want to make sure that we do everything we can to help manage spam texts. Could you please tell us a bit more about what's going on? Are you having trouble reporting spam texts? If so, when did this issue start and what texting app are you using?

LauraF_VZW

0 Likes