Mass texting on messenger in message+
jaaade
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi guys,

Re: Message+ app.

I used to be able to enter multiple number and switch message reply to "just me" and the message would go to the contacts individually.  Now, as i enter a phone number even though i switch the reply to "just me", AFTER it is sent out, there is a message that says "changed to mass text" and makes the message a group discussion.  This happened suddenly and was very embarassing as the message I was sending was meant to look individualized.  I sent it in good faith that it worked like it used to but apparently something has changed. I have noticed verizon features change and become unreliable/unpredictable.  i currently have anotehr issue being looked at and it appears they are having issues with it as well.  it is darn frustrating as really, not all of us have the time to sit and report problems.  expecting a feature as simple as this to work properly i don't think is too much to ask. 

can you please tell me what made the feature change and if you no longer provide this feature so i can move on onto other things and not try to fix this.

thank you for your time.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Mass texting on messenger in message+
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jaaade,

It's never our intention to do anything that would make you feel embarrassed over a text. I apologize for the trouble you've been having. We can certainly look over this with you. When did you notice that this start happening? What make/model phone do you have?

ErinW_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
jaaade
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the Turbo2 Motorola phone.  With android version 7.0.  So please let me know if that helps you figure out exactly what my problem is.  I've noticed a continued weird function issues with Messenger which is otherwise really a great app and love using it.  But lately, it has been acting up.  I cannot tell you exactly when this started happening unfortunately.  But I would have to say maybe in the last 2 months but that's a guess.  I also have another issue which I have spent way more time than I would like on this that has gone thru your technical department and nothing has been resolved.  I bet a ton of other people have the same issues and they don't have the energy or time to deal with it.  Neither have I but I'm so frustrated I'm making it a point to put it out there. Last few sentences were venting Smiley Happy  .. thanks for your time!

0 Likes
jaaade
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just answered your question below.  Do you have an answer for me?  Or was that just your usual generic CS response so we can just give up and go away.  I swear it feels like that nowadays.  No concrete answers.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jaaade, please accept my sincerest apology for the delay in replying to your message. I want to ensure you get concrete answers with a resolution. I appreciate you taking the time to answer our questions. Our goal is to get this resolved. It's important that you can select "reply just me" and have it work.  We recently had an update to our Message+ application that fixed many issues.  I would like for you to check to see if there is an update for your application. To check, please go into your play store and click on My apps. This will allow you to check for an update. If so, please update the application.

KatrinaN_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
jaaade
Enthusiast - Level 2

There are no update requirements for my messenger app.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for confirming jaaade. We appreciate your efforts and want to do everything we can to help. I know you mentioned that the message shows mass text. That is what the device should show if the messages are being sent out separately. Did both recipients receive the message you sent in a group message? Have you tried this with other contacts to see if the messages are being sent as a group message?

RashadM_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
jaaade
Enthusiast - Level 2

When i send one message to multiple people they are getting it as a group message.  Those people are able to see the other contacts I have sent the text to.  In the past if I click on the "only me" option the one text goes to each one individually.  Not it does not do that any more.  This was my original question.

Yes.  The way I know this has happened is 1. I have asked the people on the other side to confirm as you've suggested and they can see everyone included in the message.  2.  in the past, when this tool worked properly, once i pressed send, it used to create several boxes with the same message with however many contacts I send it to.  so if i sent it to 4 people, i would have the same message 4 times within that text message showing it was sent to four people.  I assume because it was individually sent.  Now, it just has that one message to the group.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jaaade,

We certainly want to make sure that we are looking down every avenue to make sure that we can find a resolution here. Have you attempted to uninstall the application and then download it again?

NicoleT_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my  response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my  response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in  advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
yarelim_vzw
Verizon Employee

jaaade​, I also use the mass text massaging feature on my phone and understand how important it is for you to have this feature to working properly. When creating the massage by selecting your contacts and then tapping on "Just Me", you will then have a chance to input the massage you want to send.  After the message is sent, it will all compile into one text message screen for you, however it will state "Group Mode set to: Mass Text".  Are you seeing this message after "Just Me" texts are being sent? Are you receiving their replies within the complied text message screen or individually?

Here to help,

yarelim_vzw

0 Likes