MDN changed, restarting app, create profile every time I restart my phone
Davidoo
Contributor - Level 3

Ever since an update a couple of months ago, the Verizon Messaging app acts like it has to be reinstalled every time I restart my phone.  I turn off my Pixel XL every night to charge it.  Each day when I turn it back on and open the Verizon Messaging app, it flashed a quick note that "MDN changed, restarting app.".  Then after a minute or so, it pops up the initial setup screen that asks if I want to set up a profile.  I say No, then the app works.  This should not be happening every time I turn my phone off. 

If you look at the app in the Play Store, there are comments from other users about this problem over the last 2 months, yet no fix.  Please look into this Verizon.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: MDN changed, restarting app, create profile every time I restart my phone
tecboy
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a user with same issue....cleared out all cache/etc...no change...

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Davidoo,

We understand how this would be less than ideal. Let's look into this together. Have any other applications been acting up since the update? Have you tried to uninstall updates for the Verizon Message app via application manager? 

DerekR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Davidoo
Contributor - Level 3

I'm not having any other trouble with my device at all. Ever since Verizon sent an update about 2 months ago, this has been happening. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app and no change.

If you look at your app comments on the Play Store you can see several others with the same issue. For whatever reason, it seems most people with the problem have the Google Pixel or Pixel XL. It may also be because these Google devices have the latest software and updates and for some reason the app feels like it has to reset everything when the phone is restarted. The app works fine and I have always liked it. As long as you don't restart your phone there is no problem. Just an issue that needs to be fixed.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate the added details and would like to look into this further. Please respond to the direct message I have sent you. 

DerekR_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Rsgreenwood1

I experience the same Message+ MDN setting restart every time I turn on my phone.  This is a big nuisance.  I cleared CACHE, etc.,still having problems.  How do I fix this?

0 Likes
Rsgreenwood1

Did you ever get this issue resolved?  I am experiencing the same issue.  This Pixel phone has a lot of glitches.  I am not happy with it at all.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Rsgreenwood1,

I appreciate all the work you've done with this app. We want you to enjoy your Pixel without issue. Let's work together to solve this. Is this app completely up to date? Is your phone's software up to date as well? http://vz.to/2hqu5uZ

AndrewT_VZW

0 Likes