Locked text message disappeared
TUCKERR

A few days ago I wanted to send a google map location to my daughter via text.  In order to do so I had to create a new group for she and I (weird, I know).  After I sent it I wanted to delete the "group" thread since I already have a thread for her messages.  So, I deleted the group and it deleted all the text messages in my original thread with her.  It left photo messages but deleted any SMS.  Within there were some important locked text messages.  I immediately tried to restore messages within the app (this is the verizon app) and it retrieved probably the last 90 days, but not the messages I wanted.  I tried syncing with my desktop app on my PC but still no help.  I had kind of assumed that locked meant locked?  Any way to retrieve them or are these really meaningful messages gone forever?

Thanks!

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Likes
Re: Locked text message disappeared
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Tuckerr, as a mother of 3, I know that messages from the kids can be both important and priceless. It is surprising that those messages would have deleted when locked. I am glad to hear that you were able to get back the messages from the past 90 days through the Cloud back up. Did you have the messages stored in any other location or service?

LorenB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
TUCKERR

No, I didn't have them saved anywhere else.  So you don't think they are retrievable?  Where would you recommend backing them up in the future?  Is there a good app you would suggest?

Thanks

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

TUCKERR wrote:

Is there a good app you would suggest?

If you have an Android, you might consider:

SMS Backup & Restore - Android Apps on Google Play

0 Likes