Latest won't sent via WiFi
TubaOrNotTuba
Contributor - Level 1

6.4.1 appears to have broken WiFi SMS/MMS message sending.  I'm in a terrible service area but have excellent WiFi and yet simple SMS/MMS messages stopped sending.  Clearly this is a HORRIBLE version and needs to be backed out back to the previous version until Verizon fires every programmer and hires ones who understand that SMS/MMS apps are crucial and people aren't going to tolerate low quality releases when they write code.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Latest won't sent via WiFi
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

TubaOrNotTuba, we are sad to hear about the issue you are experiencing with our Verizon Messages app. We want all your messages to work for you and we are here to help. What model phone do you have? Have you tried clearing or reinstalling that app on your phone?

StevenG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: Latest won't sent via WiFi
TubaOrNotTuba
Contributor - Level 1

LV V20.  With all due respect, have you even bothered to read the "Master Ticket" on this abomination that is 6.4.x?  There are numerous people talking about messages not delivering properly. Why is it Verizon techs always run to the clear/reinstall (BTW, you know good and well users CANNOT reinstall thanks to your Draconian permissions that disallow users the RIGHT to remove your bloatware, short of rooting the phone) when your app misbehaves?  The fact is you guys put out an upgrade that has more things broken than work.  I've been to 2nd and 3rd tier techs on the phone who tell me they've been on the phone for THREE solid days fielding complaints about the app.

So before you go wasting my time, spend some time reading the apparently massive "Master Ticket" and understand and respect how badly Verizon screwed up this product.

0 Likes