Keyboard doesn't appear in Messages+ on HTC M8
shelsuz23

My keyboard doesn't appear when I try to type a message in Messages+.  It appears when I type in the to box.  Instead of the keyboard I have a box lets you send gifts, photos, audio, etc.  I've tried restarting numerous times with no effect.  Has anyone else had this issue?  I like the verizon messaging app and don't want to use another, if possible. 

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: Keyboard doesn't appear in Messages+ on HTC M8
Snn5
Legend

Might need to clear the cache in both the keyboard and VM+ apps.

0 Likes
shelsuz23

I've tried and it didn't help.  Also tried restoring to default, but that didn't help either.  Thanks for your suggestion.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Does the keyboard appear with the stock messenger or other apps like Chrome?

0 Likes
shelsuz23

Yes, it works for everything else.  It come up if I type in the To box in the messaging app, but doesn't appear when I try to type a message. 

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

You might just uninstall the app, then reinstall it.

0 Likes
shelsuz23

Tried it, and it didn't work.  It looks like I'll be looking for a new messaging app.  Thanks for your suggestions.  Smiley Happy

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

If you need a messenger that works on wifi and data, Hangouts is built into most Androids.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
shelsuz23,

You've come to the right place for help! Being able to use the keyboard while in the message + app is definitely important.

When did this issue start? Do you have the most current software version running on the phone http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-95738/? Have you checked that the Verizon Messages+ application is updated to version 5.5.17 or later. Please go to the Google Playstore and update the Verizon Messages+ application and retest.

JohnB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
We want to ensure you have the best messaging experience, shelsuz23! It appears that the "Gifts,Photos, Audio" options appear when clicking the "+" sign next to the "Type a Message..." field. Normally to start a message you will want to click directly in the box (to the right of the "+") to get the proper keyboard.

YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes