Keep getting text from random numbers @vztext or vzwpix
smitty88
Enthusiast - Level 1

This past month I have gotten several text messages from random numbers from @ vztext.com or @ vzwpix.com.  Normally, they are all similar text with, "Who's this?", or "Who are you?".  Well today I got two, "WRONG NUMBER [removal required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service] (Attachment removed)" and " [removed] (Attachment removed)".

I'm worried my number was hacked and is spamming other numbers or is this just a phishing attempt?  In the meantime, I blocked all web text.

Labels (1)
Re: Keep getting text from random numbers @vztext or vzwpix
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for reaching out, smitty88!

It sounds like this may be a phishing attempt, or someone spoofing your number. It seems unlikely that your number was hacked in any way. Blocking text from web sources is a good step in preventing these messages. If you would also like to ensure account security, you can change your password on My Verizon as well.

MichelleH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ZagadkaVolya

I get legitimate SMS sends as an attached .txt file from [phonenumber]@vzwpix.com ... these aren't spam or phishing, they are just intercepted and never get to my phone. I don't see any relevant page to disable this.

0 Likes
alhammer
Enthusiast - Level 1

I keep getting emails from vzwpix with no content, just an attachment with a ".txt" designation. What is this? I have not opened any of the attachments. Can this be stopped?

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello alhammer,

I would be concerned too if I were receiving unwanted emails. Are you getting these emails from the same email address? Is is a phone number that you recognize? 

ChristopherM_VZW

0 Likes
RobertBurnsOB
Enthusiast - Level 3

I complain profusely to Verizon to no avail.  Verizon has to be able to filter this E-ffluent out.  I suggest a class action lawsuit to deliver it an expensive reality check.  We need an insider who can show how it could, but won't, filter this E-ffluent out.  FOUR YEARS and NO ACKNOWLEDGMENT BY VERIZON.

RobertBurnsOB
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have never received a legitimate text from this scum.  The domain name won't even run in Google.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I totally understand how you feel, RobertBurnsOB. However, we are not able to filter your personal email. Also, keep in mind that those are phishing emails you are receiving. Unfortunately, we have no way to block those. 

DiaS_VZW

0 Likes
RobertBurnsOB
Enthusiast - Level 3

I receive them as text messages.  I am confidant that you can filter them from E-mail and text messages.  I have no reason to accept your opinion or competency to say otherwise.  I am working with Congressman Peters to mandate screening or quarantine of all errant providers like Verizon.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It is important to us that this is resolved. We can continue to look into this. What is the make/model of your device? Have your tried reporting these text messages? 

Jose A.M_VZW

0 Likes