Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15 Plus. Newphoria. Get it on us with select Unlimited plans. New line req'd. No trade-in req'd. Online only. Ends 3.31. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 5,067 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions
Issues with Verizon Message App on Andriod Wear Oreo
JOG0277
Contributor - Level 3

I have the LG Watch Sport Smartwatch (model W280A). I'm using it on the Verizon Network.  I recently updated to Android Wear 2.9 / Oreo (build # OWR1.170919.018).  After upgrading to Oreo, the Verizon Message Plus App was no longer Visible on my watch, so I lost the ability to send and receive texts and the ability to connect to LTE...I want to know if Verizon will be making any future adjustments to either their Message App or Andriod Wear Oreo, so that the Verizon Message Plus App will work on the Oreo software?!?..

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Issues with Verizon Message App on Andriod Wear Oreo
JOG0277
Contributor - Level 3

I got tired of waiting around for either Verizon or Google to do anything about this problem.  So I started doing research on my own, and began looking into this new Messaging & Calling App called Pulse (developed by Luke Klinker). It can be downloaded from the Google Play Store.  This App works similar to the Verizon Message + App.  It's a messaging app which allows shared messaging between all portable devices. It also allows you to make phone calls through the app.  Another great feature of this app, is that it interfaces with the Verizon Message App and allows users to use their original phone number for texting & calling.  This app can be used in conjunction with the Verizon App, without it being set as the default messaging app.  And it's one of the few messaging apps, that's actually VISIBLE on any LG Watch Sport running on Andriod Wear Oreo...Just download this app on your phone and smartwatch

While this app does offer calling features, the calling features only seem to work from the cell phone, it doesn't seem allow cellular calling from the smartwatch.  This app works only in Bluetooth Mode while your watch is connected to your phone, and this app must be left open and running on your phone, in order to receive texts on your watch. Use of this App is free for the 1st. 7 days, then there's 99 cents monthly charge..

I've been using this app for the past few days, with no issues.  While this app isn't a permanent fix; it at least allows Verizon users on Android Wear Oreo, to receive and respond to text messages from their watch..

Taking some action now..Is a lot better than waiting around for a solution from Verizon or Google; which MAY never happen...

View solution in original post

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for contacting us about this situation, JOG0277. We are aware of this issue upon the new update, and working towards a resolution for the next update.

CecileC_VZW

0 Likes
JOG0277
Contributor - Level 3

Do you have any idea when this Update-Fix will be released?..

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This is a great question. We don't have a specific date to share JOG0277. I apologize. This is handled by the manufacturer. I hope this is beneficial. 

RosanneM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the ļæ½Correct Answerļæ½ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
JOG0277
Contributor - Level 3

Thank you very much for your quick response.  Can you contact me as soon as the new update is released; and can you include instructions on how to download the update onto my smartwatch....Thanx.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It is important that you have the latest updates for your watch, JOG0227. When the update is ready to be released, it should appear on your watch automatically, but until then, please keep an eye on our website and LG's website for any announcements.

PeterP_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
NBAV0509
Enthusiast - Level 2

After the update to OREO 8.0 on my Samsung S8 Verizon Messages+ is sending messages to my Samung Gear sport but the notification of the message , email and all others are not sending the vibration to my gear sport.

0 Likes
JOG0277
Contributor - Level 3

I pay extra money every month, to have an extra phone line added to my plan so that I can use the cellular service on my smartwatch.  If you guys don't fix this issue soon, then I (and everyone else that uses the Message Plus App on Andriod Oreo) will be forced to cancel the extra phone line; resulting in Verizon losing out on the addition revenue....So hopefully you guys can get this fixed soon.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JOGO277, I want you to be able to use the app on your Watch. Let's look into this. Are you able to see other apps on the watch? Have you tried powering off/on the watch? If so, does it attempt to reconnect to the network?

ZangY_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the ļæ½Correct Answerļæ½ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
JOG0277
Contributor - Level 3

I've already tried everything you've mentioned.  I've turned off/on my watch,  I've factory reset my watch and tried to re-install the message plus app, but none of those options worked.  All my other Apps are visible on my watch except for the Verizon Message Plus App...And this is because there's conflict of software between your Message Plus App and Android Wear Oreo.  Verizon, is already aware of this problem; as they indicated in their original response...I'm just very frustrated due to the slow response from both Verizon and Google on correcting this issue.

0 Likes