Issue with message+ showing as group message and not individual sender
STEPHROO82

With the new update for message+ when I receive a message from someone who also uses message+, the message shows it came from a group of the person. For example, it will show Mom, Mom in the pop-up. This is preventing my car from recognizing the message and reading it to me since it doesn't recognize group messages. This needs to be fixes as its a safety feature having your vehicle communicate for you. Please help if you know a solution besides deleting the app.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Issue with message+ showing as group message and not individual sender
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Making sure your message + app is working with no issues is always our concern STEPHROO82.  What phone do you have?

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
STEPHROO82

I have the Samsung S7. My husband has the S7 Edge and my friend who is also having the same problemanner has the S5

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Do you have the latest update to Verizon Messages?

Verizon Messages - v.6.4.4

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

STEPHROO82,

STEPHROO82,

Let’s figure out this message mystery once & for all. App updates are supposed to enhance the app, not cause issues. You all have great phones & we want to make sure that when you are in your car, you are without distractions. Were you able to see if you all have the most updated version of the Verizon Messages app? Only reason asking is that we just put out the newest version yesterday (2/4/17). Do you all have the most updated phone software? To check for the most updated phone software for the Galaxy S7/7Edge & the Galaxy S5, you will to Settings --> System Updates --> Check for New System Update.

Tikibar1, Thank you for the suggested step.

AliciaS_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
STEPHROO82

I have version 6 4.4 of the message app and I checked for phone updates and have none. Appears my phone and apps are all up to date. I am still having this problem today. My parents are as well now that they have updated the app.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I don't want you to have any trouble with your messaging application. I want to make sure that we get to the bottom of this so you can continue enjoying your device. To make sure we are troubleshooting the right thing, have you tried using the stock application? If so, are you having issues with that application as well?

NicholeK_VZW

0 Likes
STEPHROO82

Yes I have tried the app that came on the phone and NO I am not having the same issues. The issues are with the message+ app only and are still happening today

0 Likes
ryanc_vzw
Verizon Employee
STEPHROO82,

Thank you for the clarification and troubleshooting with us. The next best step is to send an email to the developer via the application. Go to the Play Store application > Verizon Messages > Scroll down to the Developer options and send a detailed email.

RyanC_VZW

0 Likes
Hbkseanmichael
Enthusiast - Level 3

Seriously these is your support?!!

I have the S7 edge, so dose my wife.  We have been having this issue since the first update about a week ago.  NEVER FIXED OVER THE COURSE OF TWO MORE UPDATES.

Dont insult people by asking if they have the latest update 6.4.4. [Removed] THE UPDATE IS THE PROBLEM!!!!!

My wifes contact name appears in blue inside the message+ app.  On her phone  my  name and number appear in blue as well inside the app.  When she is at work on wifi and I am at work on wifi we cant text each other.  Nothing sends.  When we are at home the send button says "chat" not "sms" and when we text it comes over as a group text from the same person 3 TIMES... example i text my wife.. shell get a group text from me and itll say "Sean, Sean, FROM: Sean".

Also the new S7 Android Nougat update is complete but we wont be seeing that until March.  Why do I know more about your products/programs/apps than you and you're "support"?

[Removed]

People like the message+ app... this is completely unacceptable and everyone should receive discounts on their accounts for being forced to use data instead of wifi.

inappropriate content and profanity removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes