Is there a way to make the message+ app use wifi as default if wifi is available available?
Garrett611

I often am on WiFi with very little service and message+ tries to send it over service and if fails. I then have to turn on airplane mode and wifi to get it to send over the WiFi network. Is there a way to make this just happen automatically?

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Is there a way to make the message+ app use wifi as default if wifi is available available?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
I can see that becoming pretty annoying, Garrett611. We do try extremely hard to make sure you get a reliable signal in as many places as possible. Since there are places where Wi-Fi is available but there's factors beyond our control that decrease cellular service, Wi-Fi is a great alternative! If you go into Verizon Messages > Menu > Settings > there is an option to Sync Over Wi-Fi only when connected to Wi-Fi.

JenniferH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Is there a way to make the message+ app use wifi as default if wifi is available available?
Snn5
Legend

It is supposed to do so automatically.  What phone are you using?

0 Likes
Garrett611

Galaxy S6

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
I can see that becoming pretty annoying, Garrett611. We do try extremely hard to make sure you get a reliable signal in as many places as possible. Since there are places where Wi-Fi is available but there's factors beyond our control that decrease cellular service, Wi-Fi is a great alternative! If you go into Verizon Messages > Menu > Settings > there is an option to Sync Over Wi-Fi only when connected to Wi-Fi.

JenniferH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
Garrett611

But would that make it so if I don't have wifi the messages won't sync at all?

0 Likes
Not applicable

Please READ "Sync Over Wi-Fi only when connected to Wi-Fi" does not imply it won't work when wi-fi is not available. If you're not on wi-fi it won't try to sync over it.