Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15 Plus. Newphoria. Get it on us with select Unlimited plans. New line req'd. No trade-in req'd. Online only. Ends 3.31. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 4,134 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions
Is there a tool to strip the tags from Verizon Text message history?
STESCH18

I saved my Text Message History to a file. I have to give it to my Legal Department, but they won't accept it with all the tags. Is there a tool that would strip out the tags and just leave the phone number (sender or me in response) and the text of the message?

thanks,

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Is there a tool to strip the tags from Verizon Text message history?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure you got this taken care of. Can you please clarify what tags you are referring to? What kind of device did you have when you had these messages saved? Were you using the local text application or Verizon Messages Plus for these messages?

JavierMD_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Re: Is there a tool to strip the tags from Verizon Text message history?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It is important that you are able to submit your text messages to your legal department, STESCH18. Broadly speaking, how many text messages are we talking about? You could try creating a copy of the file, and converting it to an HTML file, and removing them manually. Which app did you originally use to send the text messages?

PeterP_VZW

0 Likes