Integrated messaging app not working on tablet
VAsrani

I am using the integrated messaging app on my phone and Samsung 7.7 tablet.  I can send and receive messages from the phone just fine.  On the tablet they are not working properly. 

The tablet can send but cannot receive any messages.  It is of course connected to the internet - as it is able to send messages - but not able to receive a message.  I have tried deleting the account, deleting the app and reinstalling, and nothing is fixing this. Any suggestions are much appreciated.
Thanks

Vic

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Integrated messaging app not working on tablet
VAsrani

One additional point, whatever is on the tablet is what I see on the web - none of the messages on the phone are on the web.  Replies to the number show up on the phone but not on the tablet or the web.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

It sounds almost as if the devices are on 2 separate accounts.

I can verify the integrated messaging works between phone & tablet, because I see all texts sent/receives on my 2 devices(Droid Maxx HD and iPad Mini).

When you go into settings on the phone and select manage devices, do you see the tablet? If not, then the 2 devices are not connected.

Is the tablet a wifi only device or is it a wifi/cellular version? If the latter, the tablet MAY be an account associated with the tab let's number and not the phone's number.

Although I don't remember exactly how the 2 connected initially(it has been a few months since I performed that function), I do remember it worked the first time and it was very easy. I have a wifi only iPad Mini, though, and am unsure if that would make a difference.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

I just disconnected the iPad and reconnected. It asked me for the number to use for the integrated messaging system. A text was then sent to my phone with a security code which had to be input on the iPad. They are now connected again. Did you follow this procedure?

0 Likes
VAsrani

Yes. I did. i uninstalled the app from the tablet and then re-installed.

Upon setup this time, it asked for the security code which I entered when

I got on the phone.

Tested again by sending a text from my tablet and it was received. Replied

to the same text and the reply showed up on my phone but not my tablet.

The phone syncs with the account fine - shows the text that was sent from

my tablet too.

0 Likes
VAsrani

The tablet is a cellular version. But I dont have a data plan so the

number should not be in service to cause an issue (at least I dont think it

should).

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Sorry, I don't have any additional ideas. Possibly someone else with an android tablet has come across this problem? Good luck.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Do you see the tablet when you go to "Manage Devices" in the settings on the phone?

0 Likes
VAsrani

Yes. The tablet shows up on the phone as connected.

Sent from my mobile device. Please excuse brevity and any errors.

0 Likes
joeywants

How do I stop getting these

Private information removed as required by the Terms of Service.

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes