Integrated Messaging
LIGHTNINGHILL

My android device updated the messaging app and now I don't get my texts. How do I fix this problem or better how do I un-install the latest update to the message + app?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Integrated Messaging
mathursan
Enthusiast - Level 2

LIGHTNINGHILL - What version of message+ are you using ?

Are you using Message+ 6.4.4 as your default messaging application and not getting incoming texts from other users ?

0 Likes
LIGHTNINGHILL

I disabled the app. Its showing version 6.0.10. Yes - I cannot send or receive messages.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You won't be able to receive messages from people using the newest version of the Verizon Messages application even if you disable it and use the default messaging application from the manufacturer.

Are you using the default messaging application from the manufacturer now?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Ann154 wrote:

You won't be able to receive messages from people using the newest version of the Verizon Messages application even if you disable it and use the default messaging application from the manufacturer.

That was the case for previous updates, but 6.4.4 corrected it for some.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Cool. Unfortunately it wasn't for ALL. Smiley Sad

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

LIGHTNINGHILL,

Having the ability to fully using your texting service is a must. We're here to help. You mentioned before that you have Message+ 6.0.10. This is an outdated version, so we suggest updating the app to the most recent version as recommended by others. Once updated, please test and let us know if that helps. If you're still having trouble, please let us know what model phone you have.

ShawnteJ_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes