Re: Integrated Calling on Message Plus App stopped Working
JOG0277
Contributor - Level 3

I don't think sending a Bug Report would help, because there isn't a bug in the App.  This feature was specifically disabled by Verizon on purpose.  Starting another thread may help, because it might bring more awareness to customers on this issue.  And hopefully that will put pressure on Verizon to resolve the problem quickly.

0 Likes
MIDIATOR

I purchased a Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" in early April.  When I initially setup the device, Integrated Calling worked IMMEDIATELY.  the next day, I had to reset the tablet to Factory Default to correct an issue I was having with some apps.  After doing this, the Integrated Calling was not available any longer.

I got the generic response from the Verizon rep, who was very polite, that Verizon had turned off IC THAT DAY, and would only be available to those who already had it.

WHY Verizon???  Your plans are already outrageous!  You nickel and dime us to death for features that should be standard, such as Visual Voicemail.  It's free on iPhones, and you want $3 a month for this feature???

I have been a Verizon customer for more than a decade.  I am VERY close to ending my one-sided relationship with Verizon.  Forget the Early Termination Fee.  I can pay off my two Note 8 phones, and sell them.  AT&T has been chomping at the bit to get us.  Might be time to switch.

​Content modified as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi there, MIDIATOR. I know how important it is to be able to have the features that you want, available when you want them. We would certainly be saddened to see you leave the Verizon Family. We made the choice to make calling unavailable from newly connected devices in order to resolve a technical issue and ensure our customers have a good experience. We apologize for any inconvenience and are actively working to make this feature available again at some point in the future. 

Leonard_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
manderix

Verizon completely disabled Integrated Calling from ANY secondary device. They say suddenly have unsolvable ",technical problem". Really?? Verizon can't resolve it? VERIZON CAN'T!! I think more like Verizon wants you to buy NEW devices to connect. I think they are losing a few cents on tablets connecting directly to the LTE network. No notice, just suddenly "disabled" Integrated Calling"! Technical issue? Hmmmmmmmmm.......

0 Likes
JOG0277
Contributor - Level 3

That's definitely a plausible theory; I could certainly see Verizon possibly trying something like this in order to boost sales on Cellular Enabled Tablets.  But, disabling Integrated Calling would also decrease sales on their Cellular Enabled Smartwatches, because their smartwatches need the Integrated Calling feature in order to make phone calls as a Stand Alone Device (IE: Samsung Gear S3).  So if Verizon is willing to risk decreased sales in Smartwatches for increased sales in cellular tablets; then your theory may be correct. 

0 Likes
MYPARTY115

I am also getting a huge run around on this issue. It is July 1 and Verizon is still advertising the calling feature of message plus but they have turned it off for all users.  I suggest complaining to Samsung since Verizon is falsely advertising features of their equipment.  And or not letting samsung customers get the full features of the Samsung equipment. It sound like Verizon has done this to Apple phone / tablet users.

0 Likes
JOG0277
Contributor - Level 3

The problem with this whole situation, is how Verizon's procedure of disabling Integrated Calling was implemented.  What's with the "Veil of Secrecy" involving  how Integrated Calling was disabled?  Why was this feature suddenly disabled without any notice to your own staff or customers?  And What's this mysterious "Technical Issue" you're trying to resolve?  Please explain what this issue actually is and why it needed to be handled with such secrecy?..Is Verizon now working with the NSA to modify their app, so the NSA can Ease Drop on our phone calls?!?  Also, what is the estimated time frame this feature will be enabled?  This is why customers are so frustrated.  If Verizon would be Honest and Come Clean and let their customers know what's going on; it would greatly help the situation.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MYPARTY115,

I'm sorry that you feel like you're getting the runaround. That's definitely not how we want for you to feel at all. Understandably, making a call from a tablet/connected device is convenient. Verizon has decided to make calling from a tablet/connected device unavailable. This is from a number of issues that have been brought to our attention. My apologies for the inconvenience this has caused. There's a possibility of bringing the feature back at some point in the future.

Alicia_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
JOG0277
Contributor - Level 3

https://community.verizonwireless.com/t5/Android-General/Integrated-Calling-Now-Reactivated-in-Veriz...

As of May 7th, 2019....Integrated Calling is now Enabled!!...See Above link for more info...

0 Likes