Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15 Plus. Newphoria. Get it on us with select Unlimited plans. New line req'd. No trade-in req'd. Online only. Ends 3.31. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 5,582 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions
Integrated Calling on Message Plus App stopped Working
JOG0277
Contributor - Level 3

I have the Verizon Message Plus App installed on my  Samsung Galaxy S2 9.7 Tablet (Wi-fi Only).  It's been working fine on my tablet for years, then suddenly after an update; I lost the ability to make phone calls from my tablet.  I can now send and receive messages through the App, but I can no longer make phone calls through the App from my Tablet.  I've tried everything to solve this issue; I've rebooted my tablet, I've uninstalled / reinstalled the App, I've even downloaded a previous version of the app ( now on version 6.4.3333); but nothing seems to work.  I've also called Verizon Tech Support (See Issue #[removed]), but they couldn't solve my issue.  Why can't I make calls from my tablet...Please Help!!

Ticket number removed as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Integrated Calling on Message Plus App stopped Working
JOG0277
Contributor - Level 3

https://community.verizonwireless.com/t5/Android-General/Integrated-Calling-Now-Reactivated-in-Veriz...

As of May 7th, 2019....Integrated Calling is now Enabled!!...See Above link for more info...

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JOG0277, we know how convenient it is to be able to make calls from your tablet. We made the choice to make calling unavailable from newly connected devices in order to resolve a technical issue and ensure our customers have a good experience. We apologize for any inconvenience and are actively working to make this feature available again at some point in the future.

JOG0277
Contributor - Level 3

Thank you for your prompt and honest response.  Do you have any idea when the Integrated Calling Feature will be enabled?

0 Likes
JOG0277
Contributor - Level 3

Hello; I still haven't received a response yet on when Integrated Calling on your message app will be enabled. I also have a few other questions.  You stated that Integrated Calling was disabled on newly connected devices to resolve a technical issue; but I've had your message app on my tablet for over a year; so why was my device affected?!?  And, does this technical issue that you're trying to resolve have anything to do with your Message Plus App not being compatible with Android Wear / Wear OS?...If not..Can you guys please look into correcting this issue also.  I would also like to add, that I'm very UPSET on how you implemented the process of disabling Integrated Calling.  You guys, just simply disabled the calling feature without giving anyone notice.  You didn't even bother to notify your own Customer Service Reps or your Technicians.  That is very poor way to implement a procedure.  No one is saying that you can't disable features in order to make adjustments / upgrades to your network.  But at least have the decency to notify your customers and staff of the changes.  As a show of good faith; Verizon should compensate all of the customers that were affected by the change, but were never notified.

RFK_RKERT

We spent more than 2 hours at the Verizon store and 1 hour after the store closed, talking to tech support. We were escalated 4 times. Nobody said anything close to this. You could have saved all of us and the service representatives lot of time if this was in a FAQ for the technicians. Help us out here.

0 Likes
gemiko

Upgraded my phone recently and Verizon disabled Integrated Calling on my Message+ account as well.

0 Likes
Johnsnj
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same problem. I purchased a new phone and tablet mid march. I was told by the Verizon tech that I could use message+ to make calls and switch between tablet and phone while in a call. Got home linked everything and it worked. Noticed recently that it stopped working. Uninstall reinstall re link power off and on, nothing worked. Just getting a message to try again later. So now we are stuck with a message app that only partially works, and can't get a date when it will be fixed.

Has anybody found out when this issue will be resolved?

0 Likes
Johnsnj
Enthusiast - Level 1

JOG0277

Did you ever get an answer on when this will be fixed?

0 Likes
JOG0277
Contributor - Level 3

No, I haven't gotten an answer yet; I'm not sure if I ever will.  That's why we need to keep the pressure on, until we get a response and this issue gets resolved.

0 Likes
Johnsnj
Enthusiast - Level 1

I sent in a bug report through message plus.

Do you think I should start another thread?

0 Likes