In network texting
penvan

I have a family plan with 3 phones. One of the phones has a text package on it. I got my bill last month and it was a whopping 300 plus dollars because of text messages that where thought to be "IN" plan texts. It turns out Verizon leases it's towers to another company who sells phones through a pay as you go plan with the Verizon label on them. The consumers aren't told they are not in the Verizon "IN" plan. I called Verizon customer service who told me I am resposible for these charges. Has anyone else had this issue? I think Verizon is making a ton of money from unknowing customers and uninformed consumers who buy apay as you go phone with their name on it. It should be Verizon's responibility to inform their customers of this issue before a loyal cusomer gets slapped with a huge bill. I will be looking for a new phone company since Verizon thinks I should pay these charges.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: In network texting
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Use this tool to check the number(s) in question.  If they come up as IN NETWORK, then it will count as M2M.  If you can document to Verizon that the numbers texted to and from were, in fact, IN NETWORK, then they may credit you for the charges due to these texts.

0 Likes