I recently purchased the iphone6 and since it was activated, I can not see any text messages from people with an iphone, on Verizon Messages. Any advice?
Tellub

I recently purchased an iphone 6, and since it was activated on Sunday, I am unable to see any text messages from iphone users, on my Verizon Messages.  Any suggestions?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: I recently purchased the iphone6 and since it was activated, I can not see any text messages from people with an iphone, on Verizon Messages.  Any advice?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Tellub.

Congratulations on the new phone! I hope that you are loving it. iMessage is Apple's messaging system that allows you to text in between Apple devices. If you turn it off, it won't turn anything else off. Your messages will just simply process as a regular text message.

ErinW_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: I recently purchased the iphone6 and since it was activated, I can not see any text messages from people with an iphone, on Verizon Messages. Any advice?
rcschnoor
Legend

It appears you have signed up for iMessage which DOES NOT use standard SMS. Other iPhone users think you have an iPhone and messages from them would be available under iMessage.

If you want to get all of your messages on Verizon Messages, you would have to turn off iMessage. You can turn off iMessage in your settings.

0 Likes
Re: I recently purchased the iphone6 and since it was activated, I can not see any text messages from people with an iphone, on Verizon Messages.  Any advice?
Tellub

Thank you so much for your quick response.  One other question as I am new to iPhone.  If I turn off iMessage, does this turn off any other feature of the iPhone?

0 Likes
Re: I recently purchased the iphone6 and since it was activated, I can not see any text messages from people with an iphone, on Verizon Messages. Any advice?
rcschnoor
Legend

As far as I know, turning off iMessage only turns off iMessage.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Tellub.

Congratulations on the new phone! I hope that you are loving it. iMessage is Apple's messaging system that allows you to text in between Apple devices. If you turn it off, it won't turn anything else off. Your messages will just simply process as a regular text message.

ErinW_VZW

0 Likes
Tellub

Hi Erin,

The reason I asked is I like using Verizon Messages and found out via a chat on your website that with iMessaging, you can't see those messages on Verizon Messages. This phone is for a teen ager so I want to make sure all of the fun things about an iPhone are still intact if I turn off iMessage. r do you know of an Apple product that works the same way as Verizon Messages?

0 Likes
Tellub

One other question....if I shut off the iMessage component, does turning that off disrupt any communication from iPhone to iPhone?

Valerie Hill

Think positive…Be positive

0 Likes
Tellub

I'm very new at this so please be patient.  I want to be able to see text messages in Verizon Messages that why I would shut iMessages off on the iPhone.  But does shutting that feature off change the look, speed, flexibility, ect of sending and receiving text messages?  The phone is for a teen ager and I don't want any of the fun features of the iPhone lost if I turn off iMessages.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Ah, I completely understand Tellub. Yes, since iMessages route through Apple's messaging server, and not ours, there isn't a way to view them with iMessage. I am not aware of any Apple products that would work that way, no. And if you shut of iMessage, they can still communicate with other iPhones, just not using iMessages.

ErinW_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Good question. No this will not change anything on the phone. It will work just as it does if iMessages were turned on.

ErinW_VZW

0 Likes