Highlighted

I'm not getting my text messages through Verizon Messaging unless application is open. Why?

People text me, and when i don't respond they call and ask me why i haven't responded.

I look at my phone and have no notifications of any text messages.

Then I open the application, and they all come flooding in. 

What setting so i need to change, and where?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: I'm not getting my text messages through Verizon Messaging unless application is open.  Why?

Expert

Which phone model do you have? Do you have a 4G or wifi connection when this happens?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: I'm not getting my text messages through Verizon Messaging unless application is open.  Why?

Expert

Do you have background data restrictions on your phone?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Motorola Z Force

Yes, 4G and wifi are available.

I dont know if i have background data restrictions.....

0 Likes
Highlighted

Expert

Settings > Data Usage. The background data restriction options are there.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Thank you!  That was it.  I always wondered what that little circle thing was up at the top!  Back to normal now, thank you.

0 Likes