I'm not getting my text messages through Verizon Messaging unless application is open. Why?
Reenwad

People text me, and when i don't respond they call and ask me why i haven't responded.

I look at my phone and have no notifications of any text messages.

Then I open the application, and they all come flooding in. 

What setting so i need to change, and where?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: I'm not getting my text messages through Verizon Messaging unless application is open.  Why?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Which phone model do you have? Do you have a 4G or wifi connection when this happens?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: I'm not getting my text messages through Verizon Messaging unless application is open.  Why?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Do you have background data restrictions on your phone?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Reenwad

Motorola Z Force

Yes, 4G and wifi are available.

I dont know if i have background data restrictions.....

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Settings > Data Usage. The background data restriction options are there.

0 Likes
Reenwad

Thank you!  That was it.  I always wondered what that little circle thing was up at the top!  Back to normal now, thank you.

0 Likes