I can't send text messages with my new phone.
jordan1223
I just got the new Chocolate and had to switch to the Nationwide plan.  Whenever I try to send a text it says that the Send Failed and no matter how many times I try to resend it won't go through. I have updated my phone, turned it on and off, and taken out the battery. Any help?
Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: I can't send text messages with my new phone.
garetjaxthemise
Contributor - Level 2
Sometimes, even though it says 'Message Failed', it may still be going through. Is this with every text you send or to one particular person? If its to all, I'd suggest contacting Customer Service (*611 from your handset or 1-800-922-0204 from another phone) or calling VZW Technical Support directly @ 1-866-221-4096

View solution in original post

0 Likes
garetjaxthemise
Contributor - Level 2
Sometimes, even though it says 'Message Failed', it may still be going through. Is this with every text you send or to one particular person? If its to all, I'd suggest contacting Customer Service (*611 from your handset or 1-800-922-0204 from another phone) or calling VZW Technical Support directly @ 1-866-221-4096
0 Likes
jordan1223
So i called the people and they said the texts were blocked so she said she unblocked it. But it still isn't working. did I need to do soimething to activate it?
0 Likes
garetjaxthemise
Contributor - Level 2
Power cycle your phone and then do a *228 opt 1 to refresh your phone. After that, your texting should be working. If not, call the afformentioned Tech Support number.
0 Likes